Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by T2x
If you compromise even a little bit of safety for alleged "improvements"...... you have a situation that will lead to the by gosh U.S. Guvmint.....taking away all of our rights to enjoy speed on the water safely..... and that ticks me off.

T2x
And people will not realize this until it's too late.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
And people will not realize this until it's too late.
Unfortunately, that is USUALLY what happens
Old 06-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered

Shane,,,COOL man...no hard feelings!....
Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by audacity
Shane,,,COOL man...no hard feelings!....
Old 06-02-2004, 09:51 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
I dont see guys like Steve Schuble or Poker run gun or Phil Lipshutz or others with a lot of step experience spinning out do you??? No on the contrary...the guys spinning out are either new to the sport or operating in an unsafe manner to begin with.....so what does that tell you....we can beat this dead horse for ever..
Actually guys like Jeff Harris, Art Lilly, Adib Mastry and Bob Teague....to name a few guys who can drive rings around most of the world .........have all experienced their share of spin outs and barrel rolls with stepped hulls. I also suspect that anyone who has raced these things over any period of time has gone loopy on a fairly consistent basis. (Johnny Tomlinson's only offshore flip was in a stepped Vee).

I wish this horse was, in fact, dead..... but each weekend the thrilling reports just keep on coming.

T2x
Old 06-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Actually guys like Jeff Harris, Art Lilly, Adib Mastry and Bob Teague....to name a few guys who can drive rings around most of the world .........have all experienced their share of spin outs and barrel rolls with stepped hulls. I also suspect that anyone who has raced these things over any period of time has gone loopy on a fairly consistent basis. (Johnny Tomlinson's only offshore flip was in a stepped Vee).

I wish this horse was, in fact, dead..... but each weekend the thrilling reports just keep on coming.

T2x
I think we are talking a different set of circumstances here dont you????? Racing is a whole different arena than what we are talking about here...In a race you have to push it to the limit to win.....as opposed to the guy who doesnt even know what the limit is......Racers versus wannabe Racers....

Last edited by Spitfire1; 06-02-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
I dont think a statement like that has ever been made in this recurring discussion....Are steps less forgiving?? Of course....Are there idiots out there that are going to push it to the extreme regardless??? Apparently so.......
Define pushing it to the extreme. OL and Foutain are pushing these boats above 150 mph, all these guys are running well south of 100 mph. Where is it extreme?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Define pushing it to the extreme. OL and Foutain are pushing these boats above 150 mph, all these guys are running well south of 100 mph. Where is it extreme?
I would say trying to throw it into a tight turn while at high speed with no respect for others in your boat is extreme...how about you???
Old 06-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

hey T2x, sounds like a plan... if I can mix cocktails, run fast with friends, have a good dinner afterwards, sell my boat (at a profit naturally!) and end up with a Skater (46 please), I agree with you...
Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Registered

Or running at a speed which is to high for ones own experience level or existing conditions.....that is extreme....extremely dangerous to himself and his occupants....

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.