Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work? >

Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work?

Notices

Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work?

Old 06-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work?

Are there any new BIG sponsor's this year ?
Old 06-01-2004, 05:57 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely right and C'mon down to the races Hyperbaja!You will love it!

Last edited by JnT; 06-01-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
JnT
Registered

I would never have thought of buying a black Cadillac,Glock pistol,Louisville Slugger,and gloves were it not for the Jersey Boys!!(Just kidding,keep the crew wagons up north!!)

Last edited by JnT; 06-01-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 PM
JnT
Registered

Too Old,I was going to wear my Trick Marine shirt with pride at the races but since your a sourpuss I won't! But I'll still buy parts from you cause your a good guy.

Last edited by JnT; 06-01-2004 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim and Tammy thanks for supporting the races,all the racers need more fans like you stop by and we will give you a couple shirts you can wear proudly.the sport needs more fans like you.all three groups thank you SBI-APBA-OSS Reliable Carriers TomAbrams
Old 06-01-2004, 07:08 PM
JnT
Registered

46tomcat,Thank you and we will definitely stop by!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
Absolutely right and C'mon down to the races Hyperbaja!You will love it!
Went to concinnati last year, had a blast, one of the most memerable times of my life. Plan to go to a lot more this summer.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
JnT
Registered

Come to Orange Beach Hyperbaja.I think it will be a good one this August!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Tom, are you going to be in Grand Haven for the OSS race this year? If so, I'd love a t-shirt!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Allan4

Man...I could write a novel on this topic...but I will spare you the boredom. NASCAR has a 72% brand loyalty while motorsports in general is about 64%. That blows away any other sport that utilizes it's target market for promotions and advertising. My numbers may be a little off here, but check this out.

Brand Loyalty #'s:

NASCAR 72%
Motorsports in general avg 64%
Golf 42%
NFL 38%
MBL 32%

Again, not exact numbers, but it is close. Motorsports Marketing IF done correctly can be extremely effective, anyone with a reasonable mind can read the marketing studies and realize the benefits, the problem, really, is that SO MANY COMPANIES have been burned by racers of all types of series at all levels of racing that just "take the money and run". From here, the coporate minds say "nah-baba-nah, I was burned once in the past and all I recieved for my $XXXX check was some lousy decal and a t-shirt." They shy away. Luckily for all of us racers and fans...NASCAR is helping change this image on ALL levels of racing, and helping racers and marketers to learn as well.

The reality is that Motorsports Marketing really comes down to what you can offer AWAY from the race course. Not just on Race Day alone. That is what seperates the true beneficial motorsports marketing packages from something more along the lines of what was mentioned previously.

As much as I hate to say it, Too Old is correct, but to an extent...that is where the "Off the race course" marketing comes into play and where outperforming your piers helps tremendously. The problem arises when the talks turn to $$. The sponsor wants an exchange for the money they spend...so if you are marketing and promoting to a smaller crowd....well...you cannot ask or expect more money. They look at if (for the most part, certainly exceptions) as a business decision, nothing more. If there is not a distinct benefit, they simply will put the wallet away. If you could boast that your boat was going to have a live feed to X million viewers on FOX at 1pm on Sunday, with a live crowd of 180,000 on hand in person...well, that sounds alot better than what we can offer thru offshore racing...hence the lesser ammounts of money. However, I have never seen a study on Offshore Racing brand loyalty, but from what I have seen this is a very devout fanbase. If even a avg marketing package is put together for offshore racing...it should work, I think the loyalty is there for sure...just not the big numbers, and that discussion is for another day

Certainly, NASCAR, once again, is the king in the motorsports marketing world. It is the pinnacle of all things motorsports, undisputed.

Okay, I will stop here and just shut up for a while

Quick Reply: Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.