Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating... >

STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Notices

STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Old 06-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Stupidest thing ive done,
Buying a new Pantera.
2nd, leaving the spring line on while taking a couple girls out last spring break, that was embarrasing. not only were they laughing at me, but everyone in the marina was looking at us when it happend, at least it seemed like they were at the time.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
...................I untied the ropes and shoved off. . .
Problem is, I stayed on the dock as if someone else was taking her out. Now I'm standing there watching my beauty float away from the dock........ .
<Forest Gump accent> There's my boat!!!!!

Did that at about same age ........
Old 06-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about trying to back off trailer, giving the throttles some in reverse, not moving, churning the water up behind me, and wondering why I'm not moving backwards.

Then the wife says you forgot to un hook winch strap. I think she waited to watch me squerm some.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288
so who's fallen in the water at their dock ???

last night I pulled a doozy,,,, cleaned the entire boat, 303'd the upholstery, went to put the cover on, was kneeling on the dock reaching to snap the cover over the swim platoform,, (note to self,, 303 protectant and dew on the cover make one slick surface ) anyway, hand slipped off and into the water,, luckily my nose was there to break my fall,,, ( note to self,,, your nose is NOT a good part of your body to break a fall,,, you will most likely BREAK your NOSE ),, anyway, the DUMBEST thing is I did it again,, yup, slipped again,, this time I ducked,, ( see I am paying attention) and barrel rolled into the water,,, so I managed to skin my knee, raspberry my chest, cut my finger, get a lump on my nose and a bump on my head,,, all I could do was lay on the dock and LMMFAO ! the soggy ride home sucked...
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I got tears in my eyes. What's even funnier is that you did it twice.

Everytime I get on the boat I hope I don't fall in. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Registered

True Love is when you think your Starbucks is empty and it get's all over the dash. All he said was bummer and that I would have to clean it.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, he must love you!
Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

About ten years ago I had a 33 Donzi. The buds and I were rafted up inside a lagoon enjoying a couple of cool ones and the warm sun. Someone suggested going on a cruise around the island. Before I know it everyone is already fired up and pulling out. So I get in a hurry putting stuff away fire up the boat get the hell out of there with eveyone else. Once on plane I notice the boat seems like it is missing or something. So I give a little more throttle, it gets worse. what the heck? Then I looked behind me and thanked God that I was the last one out of the lagoon. Have you ever towed an anchor at 50 mph ? That anchor was getting the kind of air wake boarders can only dream about.

Boy I feel better now

Steve H
Old 06-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Danny_Ocean

Originally Posted by rich allen
Letting my buddies fat wife take a piss down below on the porta potti.
Rule # 1: No fat chicks on the boat...

Stupid boat tricks?

I guessed wrong about the draft with drive down vs. low tide and tried to back in my slip. I cut power and put her in neutral. Buddy and me grabbed the lines and dock...started to back her the rest of the way in by hand. Boat stopped about halfway and would not budge. Hmmm...give it some power! Pull on those lines! PULL DAMMIT! Nuthin...

Looked over the side and saw the bottom about 18" down.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 06-13-2004, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris288
Thats the same question my wife asked,,, The ride home went something like this ( nextel's ),,, are you on your way home,, no, i'm on my way to the hospital,,, WHAT !!!,, what happend,, I think I broke my nose,,, HOW ???,, I used it to break my fall,,, FALL FROm WHAT ??, the dock,,, YOU FELL ON THE DOCK ??, no not exactly, WELL WHERE DID YOU FALL ??, well, luckily the second time the water broke my fall,,,, YOU FELL IN THE WATER ?? kinda,,, but only after cracking my head on the swim platform,, I THOUGHT YOU FELL ON THE DOCK ???, alright,, how many beers did you have ??? NONE I SWEAR,, HMMMMMM,, atleast if I had had a couple of beers my nose wouldn't hurt so bad this morning,,
Well Its Sunday Morning Not quite awake yet And I cant stop laughing...hope you are recovering ..the nextel convo...Is just TFF!!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I had my X and her dearest friend abord for a good day and came in for the slip. She (the friend) is 5'10" cute and S T A C K E D. She offers to go out on the deck and handle the bow lines assuming several compromising positions on the way out...an appealing thought, tho not good for me, as my mind is wandering in regard to other "slips". I'm backing down (been in the same spot 6 yrs. at that time) and things start to get out of shape. so I continue split shifting...no good...applying power...no good...the boat is still crossed up badly. Being totally blown away by my lack of skill, and completely distracted, I get the shifts and throttles confused...no damage done to the boat, tho I felt just a little smaller if you know what I mean, as I almost put those two V E R Y L A R G E breasts in the river, not to mention the other spectators in the boathouse. I don't know if it was the extra wieght of those things on the deck making the boat handle wierd, or the fact that I can't look fore AND aft at exactly the same time. The X was tuned in from the get-go, pissed and laughing at me both...

Quick Reply: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.