Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2 >

Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2

Notices

Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2

Old 06-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2

My son-in-law had his 2003 supercharged and was disappointed. The overall noise level was considerably higher with the revamped intake and exhaust. I was not impressed with the performance gain. Considering the overall weight it's not going anywhere fast regardless of what you do to it.
He finally decided to sell it. He's a physician in a smaller northern Michigan community and the vehicle just stood out wherever it went. There was zero interest so he finally sent it to auction in Chicago.
I cannot remember what system was used but it came from a manufacturer in New York state and was installed at the dealer in Milwaukee, Wi.

ed
Old 06-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the polished whipple and it was on my 03 H2. We are selling the truck so I took it off and I have the supercharger for sale on ebay. It is cool but now we are looking at heavier boats and I need a dually or a topkick. I had it for about 6 months (4K miles). After talking to everyone that I knew and researching the options I liked the whipple the best. I would also recommend the Billy Boat exhaust.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

I highly recommend LPE/21st Century Muscle Cars. They are in Dallas and are the only branch of LPE. They have a few Hummers on the road one being a Heads/Cam/Blower setup making insane numbers. Give them a call. 972-417-7177
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I think I would go this route if I had one. They have been a proven performance expert for many years, and the support is close to our area......

http://lingenfelter.com/performanceh2_hummer.asp
Old 06-17-2004, 03:24 AM
Member since the start
Charter Member

I really appreciate the input. I was siding with Lingenfelter. They have a great reputation and they are not too far away. Any other advise would still be greatly appreciated. My father-in-law and a close friend of mine also have H2s. I figured we do all three at the same time. I'm not looking to break any records with it, I just want a little more kick.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 992 Likes on 503 Posts

I'll see if i can find the web page but theres a company out west doing a D-max conversion for the H2's!!! they say its almost a direct bolt in with very few mods thats need to be made......that motor in that truck would be a wicked combo!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Can't go wrong with LPE! Mine was one of the first they ever did--great upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2-jbh2_0046.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Rick Anderson

Check out this H2 forum. They have alot of posts on supercharging. I am also considering so let me know how things work out for you.

http://elcova.com/eve/ubb.x?cdra=Y&s=2826088551

Old 06-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't see how an 8-PSI kit can do much for you. I mean what goals are you trying to accomplish? The H2 engines are designed for low RPM torque. You will get a big boost there but you still won't win any drag races against a normal car.

Roby
Old 06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts

Agree Roy. That was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. Plus the issue of re-sale. Just like modified engines in boats many people don't want to touch them used in cars/trucks either.

Quick Reply: Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.