Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Winnipesaukee places to stay? >

Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Notices

Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Old 06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
chriscraft240

Default Re: Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Mopower and NetGain,thanks, just listening to you two,I feel as if I'm gonna like it. Lot's of good info, still looking for a place. July 11th we're looking at and I dont know how long we plan to stay. The wiinie site didn't have many places that only rent for a few days. Guess we will stay a week. Also they don't mention docks. Do they all have them? One other thing,sounds like I should leave the SS props at home.

Old 06-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ChrisCraft,

I wouldn't leave it at home, just be careful. Also, try Winter Island or the Margate for a few day stay. Also, look in Gilford, they just opened a new inn and you can stay on the public dock overnight. Great breakfast place walking distance to the dock and good ice cream on the dock. Plus there's a launch right there.

Good luck. I 'll ask the wife tonight. She used to have a place in Laconia until a few years ago.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris Craft, not Gilford, Merideth. I think it's the Inn at Merideth or something like that, right on the water, can see your boat from the room
Old 06-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This place?

http://www.millfalls-baypoint.com/
Old 06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NetGain
MoPower,

Did you skate down at the Rink in Alton? Ever eat at the StageCoach in Alton. They had good Lobster.
My brother has a place on Weirs Blvd in the middle of Paugus Bay, just down from the NASWA. My wife's brother in law has a place on the other side.
The NASWA, the Red Eyes of the Lake!
Small world, your a CBPBA member too, correct?

Well...skate, no. Stagecoach no..where is it. I like S.P. and Wolfetrap for lobsta

Definitely "Red Eyes" of the Lake.
And yes to CBPBA.
Lookin to get to Winni 8/14 to 8/21. Was going to do it along with the Champlain Milk Run but I couldn't get that week vacation so that will have to be a separate long weekend trip
Old 06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chriscraft240
Mopower and NetGain,thanks, just listening to you two,I feel as if I'm gonna like it. Lot's of good info, still looking for a place. July 11th we're looking at and I dont know how long we plan to stay. The wiinie site didn't have many places that only rent for a few days. Guess we will stay a week. Also they don't mention docks. Do they all have them? One other thing,sounds like I should leave the SS props at home.
Chris, If you stay at the NASWA , they have docks. They are also near everything. And aside from "the witches" (that are well marked rocks) you're pretty safe going to and from Laconia,Weirs Beach,Meredith,Alton Bay and Wolfeboro. You could even try to get to Center Harbor , that's not bad water either. I stay away from more northern parts of the Lake as there are more rocks there. You can easily put a couple hundred miles on the GPS and stay in real good water As a matter of fact , my last trip , I only put 20 miles on my truck the whole time we were there .
Attached Thumbnails Winnipesaukee places to stay?-abwinl14.gif  

Last edited by mopower; 06-22-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

King birch motor lodge in Alton NH the pic on my avitar is taken at their dock great people and fellow boaters 603-875-2222 www.kingbirch11dmotorlodge.com
Dee and Forest Noe
Good Luck
Bob Jordan
Old 06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have some good memeries at the lake I got engaged on our boat near rattlesnake island. It`s been all good.

Mopower still going to the milk run? Looking to see those big MILLS.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masi242
Mopower still going to the milk run? Looking to see those big MILLS.
Yes, but instead of coming from Winni the week before I'll becoming from Jersey. Now I have to figure out where to launch and stay. I was going to launch and stay at Mallets Bay. But coming from Jersey then returning to Jersey it looks like more major highways and easier access to the lake on the NY side. I think the Friday night meeting is at the Naked Turtle in Plattsburg
Here's a little tease
Attached Thumbnails Winnipesaukee places to stay?-540s.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Re: Winnipesaukee places to stay?

I also have some good memories at the lake I got engaged on our boat near rattlesnake island. It`s been all good. Q"
We also got engaged on the lake @ 60mph on a full moon night By governors island, It was almost like daytime (My Wife thought I was nuts) ..1 year latter we were married on the m.s.Mount Washington It was awesome!

Quick Reply: Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.