Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Notices

Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Old 07-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Danny,

I do not see where I was slamming your product. It has never been our intention to badmouth another product to better our own. Our products speak for themselves. I am just answering questions and adressing concerns that the people on this forum post.

I'm sure you have a fine product; you were going to send me samples to try.

Looking forward to meeting you in NC.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:02 AM
Registered

Kim, I thought that ALL of your responses were respectful and professional. I did not feel you were "bashing" anyone, actually quite the contrary. If "brand B" left a show, and you stated that, well facts are facts. I have not had the opportunity to try your product but am looking forward to it. "Easy" is my second favorite word only to "free".

I had given my local Merc dealer your website but do not know if he contacted you. As I live in Sarasota, I would like to know if there is a dealer nearby, or I will just contact one of my OSO brethern.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Registered

We do not have a retailer in Sarasota...yet. We're currently looking for a rep in that area, so, hopefully soon. You can always call me.

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use to use Collinite Fleetwax http://www.thebestwax.com/boatwax.htm it seem to last a long time . I remember reading a Boating mag that did a test on all the waxes and Collinite was there #1 choice. It was a little hard to remove though.I used this on gel coat on my Scarab for 12 years .I have not tried it on the Hustler which is Paint not gel coat.

I friend told me to try the Meguiars marine wax and I liked it . It takes a little more rubbing to completely get it get off . This is what I am using now. Its expensive though http://www.meguiars.com/product_show...ne=BP&SrcCat-- or http://www.properautocare.com/meflprmawax.html

I started out using this on the Hustler paint . Its seams to last ok and it is real easy to take off.CALIFORNIA GOLD® ORIGINAL FORMULA CARNAUBA CLEANER WAX http://www.mothers.com/products/ I also use this on the race car and my show cars.I have been showing cars since the late seventy's and I have tried a lot of waxes.Back then there was a wax called the Treatment it was good and easy to use I dont there in busness any more.

I have noticed that on the sides of the boat that after a day on the water the wax does not bead up any more so it seams like the running in the water wears off some of the wax.

If ya talk to a lot of painters now days they don't recommend a wax Just a Polish .They dont want the wax build up.But I think you do need some kind of wax to protect it.

Wax is like motor oil and oil treatment .everybody has got there on preference

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I use to use Collinite Fleetwax http://www.thebestwax.com/boatwax.htm it seem to last a long time . I remember reading a Boating mag that did a test on all the waxes and Collinite was there #1 choice. It was a little hard to remove though.I used this on gel coat on my Scarab for 12 years .I have not tried it on the Hustler which is Paint not gel coat.

Rob
If you clay the car or Aqua-buff the boat then the collinite will come off a whole lot easier. I have been using their Marque De Elegance wax for years and I'm hard pressed to find anything that lasts as long. When I do a quick wax I'll use the insulator wax or Griots Best in Show since it goes on and off very easily.

I'm not buying into all these other waxes until I see some longer term results. The deck of my boat still beads with the collinite and it was waxed in Oct of last year, but it's due to be freshened again.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a 3M fan for years, and I recently bought the 4-pack from Frenzy with the wax, wash, orange cleaner and vinyl protector, and I have to say that the Frenzy is (so far) the nutz! I just bought an '04 18 Donzi Classic and did a first coat with the 3M, lasted about 2 washes and 2 weeks. Put on the Frenzy last weekend, and it is as easy on and off as claimed and it really deepens the gel coat. I have a blue stripe down the middle and a small stripe down each side, and it makes the gel look better than new! I used the wash / wax soap to clean it and it does a great job. I am having a custom mooring cover made for it as we speak so that will cut down on the hard washing.

Just my .02

Last edited by DoTheMath; 07-14-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frenzy
You also need to realize that, for any "Teflon" to continue doing it's job, you need to apply a second coat 30 days after the first. If you want the Teflon protection, you are going to have to do double the work, whether now or 30 days from now.
Well if i use the Frenzy wax, it does not protect from the scum stain the boat gets from sitting in the water for a weekend. I have to use and acid based product to remove the scum line. Then i have to re-wax because i used the acid. SO THEREFORE, if i would have continued to use frenzy i would be waxing every week, rather than every 30 days with the teflon. No brainer to me.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

Danny,

I do not see where I was slamming your product. It has never been our intention to badmouth another product to better our own.
I dont know, but it Seems like slamming to me ...............

he had to "pack up and walk away".
Perhaps the Swipe Wipes (Boat Shield) guy will respond to this thread (although he did not seem to know too much about the product when I spoke with him.)
And, the boatshield is not a "polymer" (ask them what a polymer is!)
Old 07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

With regard to the longevity; keep in mind that after a few weeks the indicator is in the sheeting action, not the beading. We guarantee that our wax will last AT LEAST as long as Meguiars (generally longer).

As for the Teflon; that is exactly what I said...if you are going to leave the boat in the water for long periods of time, you can't beat a Teflon-type coating on the hull. The drawback of using acid is that you open the pores and damage the hull, which makes the scum easier to adsorb into the gel. Let's face it...it's a never-ending battle!!
Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Kim, I thought that ALL of your responses were respectful and professional. I did not feel you were "bashing" anyone, actually quite the contrary. If "brand B" left a show, and you stated that, well facts are facts. I have not had the opportunity to try your product but am looking forward to it. "Easy" is my second favorite word only to "free".

I had given my local Merc dealer your website but do not know if he contacted you. As I live in Sarasota, I would like to know if there is a dealer nearby, or I will just contact one of my OSO brethern.
Formula, seems like your looking for a handout. I'll tell you what if you want if you want whats left of my frenzy you can have it.

P.S. I haven't tried the boat shield yet becuase i had to wax the boat Twice in 2 weeks becuase the hull stained after the first 2 days. I just wanted to get my old wax back on to protect it so i didn't have to wax every week. I really am too tired to wax this 35 foot boat again. Maybe after my wax breaks down in 30 days I'll order the boat shield.

Quick Reply: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.