Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust >

Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Notices

Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Old 06-24-2004, 09:05 PM
brum_66

Cool Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

hey is there a wax that anyone could recommend to me to use? Im wanting a real good wax for boats, and houseboats!
I thought i would check here first!

Does anyone have any suggestions also, on how to keep a captains exhaust from turning, or changing colors?

open for suggestions!

Old 06-24-2004, 09:43 PM
jtmiller02

Default Re: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

OffShoreOnly.com Boatshield $16.95 for a 12oz. bottle. It works awesome, I'm a big skeptic on new wax products and this was no exception. I tried it out on my truck and was very impressed. I normally use zymol but I have found that although the shine is great the carnuba formula in zymol tends to only last about a week and one wash before it is almost gone!!! With the Boat Shield it has held up through 3 washes already with no difference in appearance or slickness to touch.

It works on fiberglass/gelcoat/chrome/painted surfaces. Give it a try, I think you will find you are impressed. I was so impressed with the OffshoreOnly.com line that I picked up a distributorship for them. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

[email protected]

Old 06-25-2004, 06:12 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've about tried them all.

Waxing Frenzy is the best !!!! If you look on the other site, speedwake; they all rave about it there. Plus the fact that just about EVERY race boat team swears by it.

www.cleaningfrenzy.com

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-25-2004, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea, what Bill R said. I use Waxing Frenzy on everything from boats to cars. Their products really work, love the Shark Tower for metal parts, and the interior for vinyl and leather. Jeff Jassby
Old 06-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two coats of Teflon star bright marine wax.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Allan4

If you are interested in purchasing Waxing Frenzy! Products, let me know, we sell them below MSRP

Here is a link you can look at.

http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/...?threadid=1033

THANKS!!

Old 06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Dyno on this one. Starbrite Teflon Polish and Boatshield. The Frenzy Wax just doesn't last that long. I tried Frenzy on one side of my boat and the Teflon Polish on the other and Boatshield on the top. (358 Sonic).
One month later, the Frenzy is gone, no beading and/or sheating. The other side with the Teflon is beading in some spots, and still sheating.
The boatshield on top still beads, and is slick as ****. ( In fairness, I do have a full cover on the boat during the week). Bottom line, after all the hype on the Waxing Frenzy is just hype. Yes, it does go on and off easy but it doesn't last. I would rather wax my boat once a month with Boatshield or Teflon than every two weeks with Waxing Frenzy.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunder32
Bottom line, after all the hype on the Waxing Frenzy is just hype. Yes, it does go on and off easy but it doesn't last. I would rather wax my boat once a month with Boatshield or Teflon than every two weeks with Waxing Frenzy.
i agree with this!! used Frenzy once. i will be going back to the starbrite with teflon. I also have the boat shield too, but haven't had the chance to try it yet.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have to agree with Thunder32 - I normally use Starbrite teflon and I tried frenzy. Yes, frenzy went on fast and came off easy but didn't last very long at all. I went back to my starbrite teflon wax and have seen a vast improvement in my gelcoat and imron paint finish. Comes off a little harder than frenzy but lasts longer and is 1/2 the price.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Hey Powerguy,
try the boatshield also. (same guys that sell the cleaning wipes) It's a polymer, and it also lasts, but be careful on the bow....it is slick.

Quick Reply: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.