Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A new Cigarette in the HRPA! >

A new Cigarette in the HRPA!

Notices

A new Cigarette in the HRPA!

Old 07-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: A new Cigarette in the HRPA!

Wow, of course I wanted to see the pictures but my Gold membership ran out but I thought someone renewed it, crazy... time to save up, in the mean time can someone just upload these at www.imageshack.us so I can see them?!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Bill nice boat! I like the colors :-)
Old 07-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with thedonz, the more trim in the boat the better!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

Congrats! I especially like the purple in the paint scheme!!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Its not as simple as the more trim the better. You will obviously get to a point where the props are blowing out. I assume you guys are recommending a lot of trim to keep the ass end/steps in the water. First of all, trimming it out that far will launch the boat nose high on the right wave, especially if the props are still punching through the water as the nose is leaving the water. That will hurt someone. Second, you will get to a point where the boat will porpoise and will actually be lifting the weight carrying capacity of the first step out of the water, which will make the boat extremely unstable in turns.

Bill, you are going to have to find the sweet spot. Stick this up on the Cig Owners forum and get some more pure input.

I have posted this before, and I like this threory. Thank you Pat from AT.
A twin step (or more) boat will have indecisive issues on turning at times. Depending on fuel, gear, and people aboard; wind, water, and wave conditions, the boat will decide upon a different step than you expect; to pivot on in a turn. This is commonly when folks get bent out of shape and in trouble, as the boat will be turning sharper or wider than you expect with your throttle position. A single step boat is less prone to this, as it is a bit more predictable in turns; as it will always pivot on that one step. Turning overly hard in a boat when it just is not stuck to the water, in any bottom will also get you out of shape.

(That should stir up some ruckus. However, in my experience, I believe it to hold water; pun intended.)

OR, you could just keep trimming until you get to the trailer postion; and see what happens. You may hit 110.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-02-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Registered

No, If you read "thedonz's" post, he was making a funny about "trim/beaver". The more "in the boat" the better.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

SR-24, I missed that.

thedonz... Good one!
Old 07-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

Bill,

Awesome boat! Glad our guys were able to get her shining like new! We'll be sure to get lots of pics of her at our Poker Run next month! Fits you two to a tee! A great addition to HRPA.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
mcraymond will you be going to the SBI races in Washington, NC during August?

I'm planning on going up and hopefully we will have a spot set up to sell the offshoreonly stuff with one of the race teams. My dad works right near Jacksonville at Henry's Tackle Co. I think their office is actually in Swansboro or one of those little towns right there south of Morehead. Once they move up there full time I will probably be spending more time there when I can.
We'll be there. Looking forward to talking with you in person.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:27 PM
jtmiller02

frenzy: sounds good, I look forward to meeting more folks from Offshoreonly.com all the time. A lot of folks are stuck on whos competing with who with what products, as long as things are selling and the customers are happy I'm happy. I wish you guys all the best and how to meet you soon! I don't care if someone is buying from me, as long as they are buying from somone who treats them well and the products do what they should I am happy for them. I get tired of the petty pissing contest attitude.

Quick Reply: A new Cigarette in the HRPA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.