1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Old 08-21-2004, 07:07 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 295 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Re: 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

but th ebad newz is yuo start typeing taht way yourselff
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
but th ebad newz is yuo start typeing taht way yourselff
OO SZIT MEE 2 aND SPYEL CHEC YNOP..
Old 08-22-2004, 10:56 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get my email???
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by batty
a few weeks? am I the only one that braves the late October cold
The good thing about staying in the water that long is the water gets cold enough that the algea will not stick to the bottom of the boat

It's not the temp, it's the water levels after mid Sept.

OK: I have to confess to actually getting my 260 Stinger up to 52.7 mph on Saturday. A new record. 4000 rpm (I'm overpropped)

Hey Dave, no prob. I'll have you check it out soon. You'll have all winter to fix it if it's fixable.

Island Time: that top is really cool. My top is lame.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
i like the way your cockpit is layed out. your looks alittle roomier than mine (I have the bolsters) and i like the sink you have. looks handy to have. i tell ya the truth my dock neighbor has a mid eighties 30 scarab panther. sweet boat but side by side with my scorp i have a bigger better layed out cabin/cockpit/engine room. surprisingly when you look at them docked together you dont really notice the three foot difference. i have alot more freeboard too.
I'll bet if you measure your boat including the swim platform it's almost 28 feet.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

Fund Razor,

Looks like your back on the water...What do they drain the lakes to shut you down in Sept?
Old 08-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Well....

They DO drain the lakes, but not because of me. We have some areas on the western basin that get very shallow in the fall depending on wind direction. In the spring we are ok. Not enough evaporation yet. If Lake Erie freezes over, it helps protect the lake from evaporation over the winter. Low years, and years that the lake doesn't freeze over, levels are lower.

I need about 22 inches above low water datum to run my boat.

All year so far we have been fine. But here comes Sept. Here is an example from last year.
Attached Thumbnails 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger-9063085_2630726.gif  
Old 08-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Kohldog

Originally Posted by fund razor
I'll bet if you measure your boat including the swim platform it's almost 28 feet.
That's not a bad bet to make. Mine's 27' 10" from nose to the end of the platform.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Registered

Fund Razor,

Man, that chart looks ugly in Sept...What happens, do you lose access to ramps / docks etc. along the shoreline...I know the lake has to be alot deeper than 3-5 feet offshore.

BTW...Was wondering if you solved your porpoising problem. Don't know if your interior is similar to mine but the wife made me a cool hatch to the bow area in front of the seats...See Pix. I moved 2 stainless spare props / parts / tools and anything else I could up front...150 - 200 lb shift from back to front. I also removed 2 of the 4 batteries...Can put them back for long trips...for another 70-80 lbs from the back. Not much but it allows me more drive trim and 1 MPH cruise and top end.
Attached Thumbnails 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger-it4.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered

Hi Island Time,

This end of the lake is really shallow. The north maumee bay is only 3 to 5 feet in spots, and what happens is that the "cuts" or pathways between and around shoaling and mud humps become too shallow to use. I can get out of the marina that I am in now, but where I used to dock I have pics from Sept with all the boats sitting in the mud on a day with a strong southwest wind.

Once I got the other problems worked out (one after another) I got a chance to really play with the trim. My solution to the porpoising has been to leave my drives down more than I might with another boat and trim using the tabs. If I really want to go fast as possible, I chill with the tabs but really use the drive trims.

I seem to only get in trouble when I transition into calm water from a chop, like on the leeward side of an island or something, and the drives are a little up.
As long as I don't get the drives and tabs in that "special place" I seem to be ok.

I still have that original mirror set up in the bow:

(The cabin isn't as pink as it looks. It's more like a burgundy kind of thing)
Attached Thumbnails 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger-1987-chris-craft-main-salon.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.