is it true national marine ! >

is it true national marine !

Notices

is it true national marine !

Old 08-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: is it true national marine !

Originally Posted by open72
wasen't their a oso member who was a sales rep for national in florida??

Salesmanship I think???

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:13 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Salesmanship is Mr. Sobo from Nortech I think nothing to do with National Marine.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you all have read the thread in the bad business section then you know that this is not the made up story of a one post wonder with an agenda. I think that it sucks that you all jump all over a guy with one post. Some people just like to read hear and when they finally come to us for help we jump all over them for not having thousands of posts. Well it is just possible and looking more so every day that in fact they did get hosed down by national, along with MANY other board memebers.

Jon
Old 08-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is sad to hear.

What happens when the dealer doesn't pay off your loan? I would guess that the bank has no recourse with you, right?

A car dealer (Least Ford) up here didn't pay off many of the loans from customers trade-in. They were found quilty of fraud though, and had to pay these loans off.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salesmanship has not worked for National in the past. He was with Black Thunder then he went to NorTech. I have delt with the salesman from National this year and they are nothing like Terry, he has always been upfront and honest! BTW, I also feel for the families of the people supported by National's payroll. What a shame.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig223
Yep, what he said. Hopefully the employees knew that it was coming and weren't blindsided. Heck, everyone else in the boating industry has known for a while that National was going to go down like the Titanic.

They all knew it was coming, They were just hanging on trying to collect 4 months worth of commission checks that were owed to them
Old 08-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
My biggest concern is for all the hard working folks that seem to have been screwed by these guys and have two loans out.

What about me Jon, They got me for 3 loans. I traded a Harley along with my Gun. Im screwed ...... BIG TIME
Old 08-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
That is sad to hear.

What happens when the dealer doesn't pay off your loan? I would guess that the bank has no recourse with you, right?

A car dealer (Least Ford) up here didn't pay off many of the loans from customers trade-in. They were found quilty of fraud though, and had to pay these loans off.
WRONG !!!! M&T bank ,who has my Top Gun Loan doesnt care one bit about where the boat is or what is happening with National Marine. They stated to me that I am responcible and that they had a contract with me and the boat was used as collateral. They didnt seem fazed one bit when I notifed them as to what was going on and that I had traded the boat in and that it had been sold over 4 months ago

Im on the hook for $365k and have absolutley NOTHING to show for it

Excuse me while I go puke while I read about people sticking up for National or not knowing if all this is true or not
Old 08-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by vagrant
I would look in the Bad Business section.

Glad you didn't fall for their easy payment plan buddy!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OTIS one thing you have going, and the bank is right they will look to you for payment, they have not released their lien since the loan is not paid off so you two need to talk about what you are going to do to recover the collateral and liquidate it to settle the balance. Remember someone bought a boat that they also don't have a clear title to so they have an interest in getting this settled. Because your bank can repo the collateral and sell it and you get the deficiency but the buyer of your boat gets nothing. Also if they got a loan they have a bank that has no collateral too...so it's going to be a big mess but in the mean time work with the bank.

Quick Reply: is it true national marine !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.