Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The best least talked about boat >

The best least talked about boat

Notices

The best least talked about boat

Old 10-05-2015, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

34 superboat ...Can't figure out what is the bad with this thing except it takes a little finesse to get on plane, although I've had seven on board and managed. Flys level and seems to like the loto slop.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
[ATTACH=CONFIG]546090[/ATTACH] Progression,they build a bullet proof great handling boat
A stout boat that can run with any in the slop.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:06 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

IMO at least in the last 8 years to current you hear nothing about the Donzi 38 ZR Competition.

That boat could run very hard in the slop,

next boat would be the GTMM - Dragon Hull that really is never talked about. it is a very nice boat and seen it in person as well to make that statement.

Last edited by BUP; 10-05-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
IMO at least in the last 8 years to current you hear nothing about the Donzi 38 ZR Competition.

That boat could run very hard in the slop,
I agree, and it's kind of odd that it isn't talked about more. When the ZR was introduced it dominated F2!
Old 10-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Pro27 27' Progression I run a green motored 27' outboard he runs a IO which probably runs the snot better then mine and mine loves the ruff stuff. I would assume most people that know the Northeast waters would agree that the Atlantic where it meets Block Island sound would officially constitute "Offshore" boating.......

https://youtu.be/wkZTzToC2fg
Old 10-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Omni Present
I second Pro27 27' Progression I run a green motored 27' outboard he runs a IO which probably runs the snot better then mine and mine loves the ruff stuff. I would assume most people that know the Northeast waters would agree that the Atlantic where it meets Block Island sound would officially constitute "Offshore" boating.......

https://youtu.be/wkZTzToC2fg
LIS can hammer your a$$ as well.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 195 Likes on 76 Posts

So I'm struggling just a bit. The title of this post is "The best least talked about boat." That said, why are all of the Donzi owners (not to bash a good boat line) coming out of the woodwork saying that Donzi meets that criteria? Donzi is a world famous builder of high performance boats. That's not exactly a "least talked about" boat builder. I'm thinking that small, low volume niche boat builders are more what the OP was looking for.

BTW, if anybody's interested in my vote, it would go to Progression - for obvious reasons.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Just saying the Donzi name is huge but really they have not had volume sales of anything in the past 10 years and since 2008 they really have not built a boat. The 38 ZR comp boat how many were ever built total what maybe 10 to 15 total max if even that and when was the last time anyone even said one word about it ? APBA days ?

I have never owned a Donzi so have no reason to throw it in the mix but did so as that 38 comp boat is really a great running boat.

And for the rest of my Post - GTMM / Dragon boat, only one made with very little press and coverage. Damn nice boat and seen it in person.

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
BTW, if anybody's interested in my vote, it would go to Progression - for obvious reasons.
The Long Island boats are all great boats, albeit under publicized but locally legends. Kryptonite, Hustler, SuperBoat, Progression, Activator (used to be anyway)...those boats are no BS tough fast boats that are built for rough running in tough waters. Most of 'em are low on bling which seems to be a big deal with many purchasers but in the rough mean nothing. All great "least talked about" types but get the job done with flying colors. Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound, Atlantic, (haven't been on the Great South Bay) and other smaller areas are not tame bodies of water and the build quality of those boats reflect that.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 504 Likes on 229 Posts

I think Sutphen & Saber are least talked about but they are badass.

Quick Reply: The best least talked about boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.