Notices

Charley Came To My House

Old 08-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Charley Came To My House

hay jay glad to hear your okay our house got hit too were in pgi on a
canal we were lucky poolcage ended up inthe pool solar panels gone off the roof pushede over 4 palm trees no window damage or water counting our blessings hope you get work and back on your feet soon we are down off aquia sta street where were tou good luck
Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
OMG..... what a story.... I feel so helpless......

As far as your engine..... The minute you get the engine out.. Take the plugs out, roll it over by hand and get all the water out of the cylinders, and drain the oil.... fill the cylinders with diesel... fill the crank case with diesel and oil.... roll the engine over by hand a few times.... Drain all that back out and put new plugs and oil in the engine and try to start it.... Keep changing the oil will you have no water in the oil.... then fog the engine a few times after you have it running...

Hope this helps, and God Bless

Heather
Sounds like you are from the east coast

Jay, Wow. That would be very hard to deal with. Something good will come from this, remember, "Everything is ok in the end. If things arent ok, than it is not the end"
Old 08-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Jay,

We can provide part time employment for you and a free apartment to get you back on your feet. The apartment has a concrete pad long enough to store your boat. The job and apartment are in Fort Lauderdale. If you want them, they are yours. The apartment is located at 3750 SW 1 Street, just east of 441 and 1 block south of Broward blvd. 954-980-2643.

Steve David
Old 08-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Registered

Steve, way to step up. The power of OSO at its best.

Jay, thank you for sharing you experience. I'm in Ohio but if I can do anything to help let em know.

Kent
Old 08-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

Damn Jay... That looks like what happened here in SO FLA during Andrew in 92. Hang in there bud it will get better. People in these situations tend to come together and help out. I remember after Andrew parts of Miami were destroyed which was very sad but the way that people came together and helped each other out, I will never forget. Everyone put their differences aside and helped out. If there is anything we can do for you just give me a shout...
Old 08-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Jay,

We can provide part time employment for you and a free apartment to get you back on your feet. The apartment has a concrete pad long enough to store your boat. The job and apartment are in Fort Lauderdale. If you want them, they are yours. The apartment is located at 3750 SW 1 Street, just east of 441 and 1 block south of Broward blvd. 954-980-2643.

Steve David
A prime example of what I am talking about. Thats awesome Steve...
Old 08-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

Jay, so glad you made it through that alive. I live up in Canada and I've been blessed to have not had to face a hurricane, tornado, wild fire or any other naturaly disaster. The TV coverage simply can't do justice to the total devastation you are faced with. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well written account of what you lived through. I find myself typing as the tears roll down my cheek for you and everyone else that has been affected by Charlie. It is apparent that your OSO brothers and sisters are stepping up to lend a hand. Hang in there man, you'll only come through this stronger than before. I know I'm a lot of miles away, but if there is anything I can do, just send me a PM. James
Old 09-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Registered

Both the Causeway and the Hwy11 bridge across the Lake both survived.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by klmken
Both the Causeway and the Hwy11 bridge across the Lake both survived.

A year old thread brought back to life?????

Buck
Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea.. was reading all this and was wondering .... Charlie ? Then I noticed the dates ..... ... wonder how Jay the "looter" is doing ....be nice to know how it worked out .....m

Quick Reply: Charley Came To My House

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.