Notices

Charley Came To My House

Old 09-04-2005, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: Charley Came To My House

Originally Posted by offthefront
Yea.. was reading all this and was wondering .... Charlie ? Then I noticed the dates ..... ... wonder how Jay the "looter" is doing ....be nice to know how it worked out .....m
Aw shucks, Mike, I didn't know you cared. I'm doing ok, thanks for asking... was a basket case for six months but that stuff fades in time. I moved to Ft Myers and hope to have another boat by next spring.

That looting chit is overrated-- I nearly threw my back out lugging that tv around.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Aw shucks, Mike, I didn't know you cared. I'm doing ok, thanks for asking... was a basket case for six months but that stuff fades in time. I moved to Ft Myers and hope to have another boat by next spring.

That looting chit is overrated-- I nearly threw my back out lugging that tv around.

Gotta` work the ''abs'' a little more Jayboat and it`ll help that back.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So the Harbor Craft is History ?
Old 09-04-2005, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
So the Harbor Craft is History ?
I'm afraid so... all the deck lids and engine housing were gone, outdrive was broken at gimbal ring and hanging by the drive bellows, swim platform was broken off and the next hurricane blew a storm surge into the berth and trashed it. It was nearly a month before I could arrange for a crane to lift it out-- turned out to be very tricky and dangerous because of the angle and the mangled lift. Adding up the money and the hassel factor, it was a no-brainer to cut it loose and start fresh. Sure do miss her, though... 12 years was a LOT of memories.
Attached Thumbnails Charley Came To My House-soupwreck5.jpg   Charley Came To My House-souplift.jpg   Charley Came To My House-soup1.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn it, I did not mean to post on this thread, sorry for bringing it back up and confusing the chit out of some of you

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Jay, I watched the coverage of the storms here in MI & felt sorry for everyone's losses but now there is a face to the storm. I am so sorry for what you went through. I hope you come back and post more often, please let us know your address and what line of work you are in, there are a ton of members in FL and they have a wide net work, you never know what might happen. Best wishes, Donna
See you never know what might happen....... LOL I must have been a physic and knew something good would come out of this, just think if it wasn't for Charlie you might not be flying around in helicopter shooting pics of some of the hottest offshore events, or riding on a 50' Nortech that is in a race against time to beat Reggie's record.

I also noticed that Todd Lahey posted a generous offer of help, that was before we had the raffle on his cig so he could fight his battle with Leukemia. All the BS aside this is one heck of a caring community.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW Jay,

This is the first time I have seen this thread, I didnt realize that was what happened to your boat, I know you loved it.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty crazy. The 5 year anniversary of Charley is in 3 days...

Hard to believe.