Notices

New Alcohol

Old 08-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Alcohol

Saw this on the travel channel, very popular in europe,,, but wasn't sure it was legal in the U.S. yet ?? I think the machine costs over 3 grand..
Old 08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

AWoL users pour a shot of their favorite spirit into a diffuser capsule, which is connected to an oxygen pipe.

Oxygen bubbles are pumped through it, absorbing the alcohol and creating a smoky-looking vapor, which is then sucked through a tube and inhaled.

The whole process takes about 20 minutes.

Seems like a pain in the A$$ to me. Sit there looking like an idiot for 20 minites with this pipe hanging out of your mouth.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:41 PM
blackhawk

Originally Posted by robyw1
It sounds like a drug designed for 1 thing: to get high or drunk. I don't like the sound of that. You can't compare it to drinking unless you're binge drinking.

I hope it is outlawed
Roby
Isn't that what alcohol is? A drug designed to get high?

I don't know exactly how a breathalizer works, but I don't see how this could "evade" a breathalizer. I would think if the alcohol is in your system it would still detect it. But I could be wrong.

I'll take the no restroom and no hangover any day!

Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
So take the liquid into your lungs instead of stomach? Hyper, what kind of crazy **** are you guys into today.

Now I get it,,,,,it's like a bong for booze. Why didn't you just say that so us old farts could relate.
Its one of them NY things.

From what I read in the article- only one in the USA as of now.

Klaatu- Go north of where you were, it is quickly turning into surburbia hell.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Registered

Alcohol is alcohol......if it's in your bloodstream, it will be detected. This is just another way to get it in there. No where did it say that breath testers can't detect it. It's friggin booze either way!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:35 PM
blackhawk

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Alcohol is alcohol......if it's in your bloodstream, it will be detected. This is just another way to get it in there. No where did it say that breath testers can't detect it. It's friggin booze either way!
I was responding to the original thread where Hyper said they could be passed over the legal limit. I think you may get a slightly lower reading, but not much. Like you said, it's in the bloodstream.

Sure would be nice to not have the "one in, one out" bathroom breaks!

Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackhawk

Sure would be nice to not have the "one in, one out" bathroom breaks!
It's more like drink one, pi$$ away three for me.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

Never heard of vaporizing alcohol and inhaling it,what i did read once (but can't remember where) about 10 years ago was that desperate alcoholics (that don't have enough alcohol to get drunk drinking it)have given themselves alcohol ENEMAS because it soaks thru the colon and intestines directly into the blood stream and gets them A.F.U. on very little alchohol(I know,it sounds like urban legend),Smitty
I prefer to DRINK my alcohol!!!!,Smitty
Old 09-01-2004, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.awolusa.com/about.html

This method of consuming alcohol reduces the effects of a hangover and is low calorie.

The AWOL Vaporizer has a built-in safety device because it takes about 20 minutes to inhale one vaporizer shot of alcohol. It is not something people are going to get very drunk on.

It is designed to allow people to enjoy the effects of alcohol mixed with oxygen. It promotes a sense of well being and a mild euphoria. It is a fun new legal way to take alcohol.

The new method is known as AWOL, an acronym for “Alcohol With Out Liquid”, and is a hit in the global club scene due to the euphoric “high” created when alcohol is vaporized, mixed with oxygen and inhaled
Attached Thumbnails New Alcohol-awolnew.jpg  

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 09-01-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
blackhawk

I thought they meant it took 20 minutes for the process to happen. Not that you had to inhale it for 20 minutes. So much for conversation while you're drinking!

Quick Reply: New Alcohol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.