21.54%
No I do not want to try to modify my ecm
10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

who would buy diagnostic and/or calibration software for the MEFI computer

Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: who would buy diagnostic and/or calibration software for the MEFI computer

Take a look at this software-- http://216.230.203.183/acro/DiacomMarine.pdf --price is $600.

I've got the RINDA tester and it's great for reading all the data from the MEFI. I'd buy the software if I didn't already have the tester.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: who would buy diagnostic and/or calibration software for the MEFI computer

I found an opportunity for the software for $6500 for just what merc uses to do their programming on all their MEFIs. I think I am going to go with Accell DFI with the Wide Band O2 sensor for $2100 where you just plug in the target A/F ratios you want and the computer does the rest.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found it on line about a year ago. There is a link that tells you who to contact at GM. Its showed a license agreement with GM that had to be signed. It was through GM's authorized engine remanufacturer's agreement. I acuatlly called and talked to someone at GM and was told that the software is free but you must sign the license to get it. The main part of the license is you cant change any emission controlled vehicles that the EPA regulates. It only can be used for off road or performance use. I will try to dig up that link. I think I have it at work. I searched google for a few days to find it. I think GM is the only provider.

Check this link - Not the one I'm looking for
http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpower...marine_EFI.pdf

Last edited by Linster; 10-13-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorsche
Take a look at this software-- http://216.230.203.183/acro/DiacomMarine.pdf --price is $600.

I've got the RINDA tester and it's great for reading all the data from the MEFI. I'd buy the software if I didn't already have the tester.
I just bought the Diacom SW. I am pretty happy with it. You can't modify or calibrate your ECM but it is great for diagnostics.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 863 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Linster
I found it on line about a year ago. There is a link that tells you who to contact at GM. Its showed a license agreement with GM that had to be signed. It was through GM's authorized engine remanufacturer's agreement. I acuatlly called and talked to someone at GM and was told that the software is free but you must sign the license to get it. The main part of the license is you cant change any emission controlled vehicles that the EPA regulates. It only can be used for off road or performance use. I will try to dig up that link. I think I have it at work. I searched google for a few days to find it. I think GM is the only provider.

Check this link - Not the one I'm looking for
http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpower...marine_EFI.pdf
Now this is a exciting bit of info on re-mapping capabilitys,the only clincher is the "authorized engine remanufacturer's agreement". Is that what gets AZSM and others the "in" on this capability,Smitty
Old 10-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

testing.....threads are missing
Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 AM
offshore121

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Are you speaking of the DFI systems as were used years ago on cars for racing? Today there are many new systems out that have a much broader scope of parameters and easier tuning capability. AEM makes one of the most user friendly systems that I have ever seen. My 1994 Ford Lightning makes over 1072 rwhp and still pulls 18mpg when cruising on the freeway with the AC on. These new systems are far better than the old school thought that has been handed down to the marine industry.

Getting a hold of the fuel management systems on Marine engines will net great gains in both performance and economy. If someone offers a decent upgrade to tune the factory ecu, I would entertain purchasing such.

You don't drive your car at 5000rpm for 15min at a time . there two different things!