Notices

west coast cat's

Old 10-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default west coast cat's

I recently sold my cobra cat. I really liked the boat and wanted to keep it but I really need to be able to fit more people than five.My wife wants something with a cabin and I want to stay with tunnels. We went to Cali this summer and while there we checked out some west coast cats in the 28' size I know they all have center pods but that makes for a little bigger cabin and the boats I looked at had alot of room. I looked at commander 28' which was a real nice boat and I looked at carrera 29' which had a bigger cabin which I thought was a real nice boat also. Than when I headed north to visit family I stopped at a boat company called domn8er and was really impressed with their 28' tunnel This boat not only looks great but it has so much room and a cabin I couldn't believe it was a tunnel. I am trying to buy a boat without power and drive and would really like to buy just a hull with interior and fuel tanks I don't want any holes cut for gauges, cleats, hatches or anything mostly cause I like projects and I've been working on boats for over 30 years.I just want to play with something brand new for a change. I am really impressed with the domn8er and know it would handle rough water real nice, definetly not just a lake boat I would take this boat out in the ocean in a heart beat The only problem is the boat is fully dressed with a custum trailer which is steel painted. I like the aluminum trailers for salt water boat ramps. Fully dressed the boat priced out too high for me and monthly payments on a loan is too much for me. But that is one nice boat. Carrera is willing to sell me a boat the way I want at a good price and I like the boat alot but the hulls sponsens look alot flatter and I don't know how it would handle the bay or ocean. Has anybody on oso ever had a ride or own a Carrera tunnel and used it in the ocean? I would like to hear their thougts on it cause I'm trying to decide weather to save more money for the domn8er which I really want or buy the carrera which I also like but don't know if it will slap alot in rough ocean with the flatter sponsons.any input will help. P.S sorry for long letter. thanks Keith

Last edited by Two K's; 10-28-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: west coast cat's

Hey Keith, sorry to hear but also glad to hear that you were able to sell your cobra. A replacement is allways a difficult choice. I don't know what I would get next. PM me with what a used cobra is worth. Marty.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy tried being a dealer for the domin8er line her in cali didnt seem to work out.
they wouldnt sell it to you the way u want it? why?? seems wierd,, the builder needs to get some boats out i would thnk have yet to see one other than when they had the demos out here//
Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't know if domn8er will sell me a boat the way I would like to have it. he gave me a price on a boat that he has in his showroom that was fully finished sitting on a trailer. Just needed to bolt engine in and go. I asked him for a price on that boat. The price he gave me was a great deal and I would love to own it but the monthly payments for a loan are a little steep for me right now. I figured I would hold off and save for a bigger cash down and have him build me one a little later Thanks for input. Keith

Last edited by Two K's; 10-28-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Still hopping to hear from anybody that has rode in a 29 carrera cat. Would like to know how it would handle big water They gave me a great price on one with just interior and fuel tanks and it too is a great looking cat. Domn8er has more room though.Are there any other cats out there that have good size cabins that I should be looking at? Thanks for any info.

Last edited by Two K's; 10-28-2004 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith, go to Hotboat.net. I think you will find some info there.

Good luck. Sam
Old 10-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank's Sam Carrera got a good writeup this month in hotboat mag. I wish that I had time when I was cali to take a test ride in one.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:46 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

T2x?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if they would sell to you in project form like you want but the 30' HTM is looking pretty good.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
T2x?
Yeah???... where is T2X to tell us about "west coast cats"?........... ..................... Oh... and render a shamless plug for Skater?.........

Quick Reply: west coast cat's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.