Notices

My Winter Project

Old 02-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Winter Project

Originally Posted by inbetween
Any reason for that brand? I'm totally confused which to use: Spies, PPG, Dupont. Is one better than the other or is it personal preference? Thanks for your time.
I'm going to ask Rob to repsond to this later this evening inbetween. We are most likely going to have to use DuPont vs Spies because of our colors like Skramer said, however I know he prefers Spies due to touch-ups, blends later on down the road, easier to work with, etc. I'll mention this to him and ask you to give you his opinion. He's been a painter for over 15 years.

Barb
Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mkramer
Now that's some funny chit right there....

I'm Back
JoMama, sweetie, we missed you! The post whore count went waaaay down while you were gone

Glad to see you made it back safely! See you soon.

Barbie Claws
Old 02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
How do you like this?
You know that's one of my favorites schemes:-))
Old 02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
How do you like this?
That one is cool too, then you wouldn't change the interior. Save a little....I like it...
Old 02-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastinger
JoMama, sweetie, we missed you! The post whore count went waaaay down while you were gone

Glad to see you made it back safely! See you soon.

Barbie Claws
I know....I've come to the conclusion, I can't be everything to everyone, just something to someone......

see ya soon...
Old 02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by inbetween
Thanks. Unless someone can tell me why not to, I think I'm gonna use some PPG stuff.
Adam, there are differnces from paint mfr to paint mfr. There are different overlap times, which means if you have multiple colors there are windows where you have to place you next coat over it.

With Spies Hecker this isn't the case. DuPont, yes, you have only 12 hours. If you go past the 12 hours you have to lay down a barrier coat over top of what you've already done, which is an extra step in the painting process. With PPG, I'm not positive, but I believe that the DBC line is the same as the Spies. Not sure about the global and DBU is definately out of the question. PPG offers some of the best clears in the industry with their Diamond Cut and Graffiti Clears, however the down side it they are harder to sand and buff but more durable in my experience.

Whatever you do, do your homework and ask a lot of questions. If you need any help I can put you in the right direction as I know you live in our area, and I'm happy to help out any way I can. PM me and we can talk

Rob
Old 02-11-2005, 05:05 AM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
Whatever you do, do your homework and ask a lot of questions. If you need any help I can put you in the right direction as I know you live in our area, and I'm happy to help out any way I can. PM me and we can talk

Rob
Thanks Rob. As we have never done paint before, I'm not sure why we want to do this! Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I have talked with a few people, and everyone recommends some thing different. We have been thinking about doing PPG DCC for the base white, then the graphics in DBC, and some clear to finish. At this point we are still sanding . Hope to get some primer on soon - PPG K36, I believe.

Adam
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever you guys do ... Ya better hurry up !!!!

It's gonna be spring before ya know it .... a few days of summer .... and then time to put 'em away again !!!!!

Sorry !
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

You're killin us with comments like that Jer!

We were down at the Lagoons w/Skramers the other evening. Hope it's not too long before all that ice melts and the sun starts to shine again:-)

B.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How was Vegas?

Quick Reply: My Winter Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.