Notices

Florida- Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Florida- Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

What was the result of the vote on this?
Old 11-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

64% Yes
36% No
Old 11-04-2004, 10:40 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fewmed mal cases right now, one of which the operating room staff dropped my client on the floor after 3 hours of surgery to reconstruct a wrist from a motorcycle accident. She ended up with a dislocated shoulder on the opposite side and is completely immobile. Thank god the citizens of florida are there to protect the poor doctors from us.............

Oh, did I tell you about the young lady whose doctor allowed her child to suffer brain damage because he refused to take her to OR for a c section even after the baby had been in distress for 30 minutes.... now she has a severely handicapped child and her long term medicals with full-time care will be in the $14 million range over the life of the child?? Oh thats right, instead of the doctor paying for his F up we can all pay in medicare payments!!! Good thing we passed amendment 3!!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No :d
Old 11-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Florida- Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

My aunt wanted to vote but she's brasilian and hasn't gone for her citizenship. She said this election has encouraged her to do so. *yipee*

I'm in Orlando visting right now.

Night R!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
I have a fewmed mal cases right now, one of which the operating room staff dropped my client on the floor after 3 hours of surgery to reconstruct a wrist from a motorcycle accident. She ended up with a dislocated shoulder on the opposite side and is completely immobile. Thank god the citizens of florida are there to protect the poor doctors from us.............

Oh, did I tell you about the young lady whose doctor allowed her child to suffer brain damage because he refused to take her to OR for a c section even after the baby had been in distress for 30 minutes.... now she has a severely handicapped child and her long term medicals with full-time care will be in the $14 million range over the life of the child?? Oh thats right, instead of the doctor paying for his F up we can all pay in medicare payments!!! Good thing we passed amendment 3!!!!

How will the Amendment change the outcome of these 2 cases? Just wondering, Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, thank God Amendment 3 can now protect against the frivolous lawsuit agains the the doctors who let my client's 49 year old wife and mother choke to death in the hospital room because her trachea was constricted and she couldn't breath, even though the doctors were outside her room talking,

or......oh yeah the frivolous case against the doctor who repeatedly re-assured my 51 year old client that her yearly mammograms were clear for two years despite an obvious malignancy, now she is dying a slow, painful, horrible deathy

or, ......oh yeah the frivolous case against the doctors who did not pay attention to my 20 year old client's surgical wound and allowed the infection to progress to the point the leg became gangrenous and had to be amputated..

thank God for Amendment 3