Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fountain 42PR

Are the 525 s staggered ?
What kind of drives and props ?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

I agreee with Isabeel, You can't be to concerned with depreciation or you wouldn't be doing this. You have to love for what it is,or you'll hate it.
I don't understand all of GLH's comments though. When your talking about the number of boats for sale, I think that is just a function the larger number of boats that Fountain builds every yr vs cig. production.
Also the the camparison of a 2000 cig vs. a holdover fountain isn't exactly fair. As one is still a new boat and one a used boat. We all know that a new anything is going to lose more value than used. Just my .02, they are both great boats, Just the old Chevy vs. Ford theme.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it! The boat that is...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I don't understand all of GLH's comments though. When your talking about the number of boats for sale, I think that is just a function the larger number of boats that Fountain builds every yr vs cig. production.
These numbers are to relate to exclusivity.

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Also the the comparison of a 2000 cig vs. a holdover fountain isn't exactly fair. As one is still a new boat and one a used boat. We all know that a new anything is going to lose more value than used.
It's fair if you consider they are asking for the same money for both rigs 42MTI. My logic is that for the same money I will take the Cig that has already gotten hit with the "new boat" depreciation compared to a Fountain that undoubtedly will.

Also Fountain is notorious for lowering the prices of new models year after year;
In 2002 a 35 with standard power was $170k.
In 2003 same 35 was advertised all over for $150k
And this summer you could get a 35 for $130k.

How much do you think the guy that bought the 2002 felt. I am not at all referring to the quality of boats also, just the clerical money matter. I had a Fountain 29 and that thing was as tough as nails.

Regarding depreciation or expense of boating for that matter, I understand that it is a prohibitively expensive pastime and choose to exercise it, however unfortunately I have not attain a level of financial bliss where I can discard those parameters at all, in the interim depriciation and marketability (read exclusivity) will always weight heavily in my purchasing decisions.

Running costs? well can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

Last edited by GLH; 11-15-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Goofy1103
Are the 525 s staggered ?
What kind of drives and props ?
Full Stagger
Old 11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=GLH]These numbers are to relate to exclusivity.

It's fair if you consider they are asking for the same money for both rigs 42MTI. My logic is that for the same money I will take the Cig that has already gotten hit with the "new boat" depreciation compared to a Fountain that undoubtedly will.

Also Fountain is notorious for lowering the prices of new models year after year;
In 2002 a 35 with standard power was $170k.
In 2003 same 35 was advertised all over for $150k
And this summer you could get a 35 for $130k.

How much do you think the guy that bought the 2002 felt. I am not at all referring to the quality of boats also, just the clerical money matter. I had a Fountain 29 and that thing was as tough as nails.

Regarding depreciation or expense of boating for that matter, I understand that it is a prohibitively expensive pastime and choose to exercise it, however unfortunately I have not attain a level of financial bliss where I can discard those parameters at all, in the interim depriciation and marketability (read exclusivity) will always weight heavily in my purchasing decisions.

Running costs? well can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.[/QUOTE
Thats not a fair assement of Fountain. Your comparing a Lightning to an
Executioner. The Ex was brought out as a no frill price line boat. The Lightning'
was still right up there in price. And where could you find a new 35 Ex this
summer for 130k. I looked and the best I could do was 155k with 496's and
a few options.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Registered

Epeek, funny you mention the price of a 35 Ex w/496's. Powerboat Magazine advertises them for $150k. A friend of ours looked at one and the best offer they gave him was 155k as well, why would there be an advertisement showing a lower price?
Old 11-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Registered

dreamboater. I think the standard power in a 35 Ex are smallblocks. I might
be wrong,but thats probably what it is.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered

Standard power is 496 HOs but the low price doesn't include hyd. steering or K-planes. Something they don't mention in the ad.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Standard power is 496 HOs but the low price doesn't include hyd. steering or K-planes. Something they don't mention in the ad.
That seems to add up. Didnt even think of that.

Quick Reply: Fountain 42PR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.