Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Notices

Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Canopy discussion aside ...

When it comes to Tiger's velcro lap belts, you have to consider probability: Is there a greater chance of getting bounced out of a boat in, for example, rough water or a hard turn than there is of that boat rolling over in rough water or a hard turn?

No doubt, you are toast if you're in an non-canopied boat that rolls and you're velcroed or otherwise belted in place. But what is more common, passengers getting spit out of open-cockpit boats, or open-cockpit boats rolling?

If rolling is less common, than you're ignorning the odds in fear of a rarer, but decidedly deadlier occurence if you pass on the belts. But if rolling is more common (and we have to keep this discussion to open-cockpit boats), you'd be out of your mind to wear anything resembling a seat belt.
Wear lifelines and they can survive being tossed. If someone hooks and the passangers stay in the boat becasue of lap belts, they will have other problems, the least of which being whiplash. Im assuming they will not being wearing helmets si they will most liklly bangtheir head into anything nearby (side of the boat, other passangers) if they are nto in a full bucket seat. There is more force appled whcen someone hooks, then when they roll. so if they stay in the boak during a hook, they will also definetlystay in during a roll. Either way, the lap belts dont save a life in either situation, but can kill someone in a roll. Rolls may be more rare, but the negativesw of death far outway the benfits of stayign dry. Full bucket seats will be much better then lap belts.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boston, I think you killed what was certainly going to be a hi-jacking by getting back on topic. Dangit!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Rolls may be more rare, but the negativesw of death far outway the benfits of stayign dry.
I think this is probably the best line in this thread so far........ spelling errors excluded.

T2x
Old 08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

That seems very reasonable. I had not considered the issues of being "belted into" the boat, without any kind of protective head or neck gear, when it hooks hard enough to throw you out. Being thrown clear while wearing a Lifeline sounds like a better option to me, too.

So I learned something.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Good points. I wasn't even thinking of a hook situation, just trying to keep your butt planted since I have a smaller boat. I emailed a pic to my boating contact and he's going to look into building me a 3 man bolster style back seat with grab handles.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

anyone ever think of building a seat like the recaro racing, push a button to inflate/deflate around you thighs,could handle a "wide " variety of "buns".could make it cheaper with a manual pump(reeboks)
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I like the way Donzi builds their comp interiors. Wrap over thigh front bolsters and rear buckets w/ grab handles and footrests.
Attached Thumbnails Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine-17233_5.jpg  
Old 08-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
anyone ever think of building a seat like the recaro racing, push a button to inflate/deflate around you thighs,could handle a "wide " variety of "buns".could make it cheaper with a manual pump(reeboks)
I like that idea!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out the seats on this Y2K... 5pt harnesses!
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18402-en.html
Old 08-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Check out the seats on this Y2K... 5pt harnesses!
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18402-en.html
The harness keeps you from knocking out ALL your teeth on that passenger grab bar.

Quick Reply: Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.