Notices

Powerquest info needed.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerquest info needed.

did you try the Powerquest Owners Forum?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I live a stones throw from the factory in Holland, MI. I've been thru it twice on tours (go to their open house, fun, food, tours, etc...) I've driven their 22, 23, 260, 270, 290 (many hours behind the wheel of my friends 290), and have ridden in several 38's (stepped and non-stepped). Love the 270. A Friend has one of the few 270's with twin small block/Bravos. Awsome boat! Being locally built, it seams half the boats on Lake Michigan around here is a PQ (the other half is either a Baja or Checkmate!). I've watched them lay up their boats, watched them put the decks on the hulls, and I've watched them rigging their boats. I'd have to say that for a production boat, they do a better than average job at all these things. If I have to say one bad thing about them, it's their willingness to put steps on nealry all their models and try to rush them to the public. When the 380 became a stepped hull, they were a pain in the a$$ to drive and slow, every one of them went back to PQ for a re-fit (they moved the steps, added more strake, etc...). When the 30 Raptor first came out, it was downright dangerous... a good friend of mine was at one time their lead test driver. He had a 30 pitch him out during a turn that should not have been an issue. He was hurt pretty bad. Took them YEARS to get the Raptor saleable. Even today, he says he'd never own that model. Food for thought I guess.

If I had to own a PQ, the 270 would be my choice (because I can't afford a 340!). Easily trailerable, single engine, big enough for the rough stuff, and you can overnight in it.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:24 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are cose to the factory guess resale is not an issue, but i had a 260 listed for 3 years I could not give away! It is the only one I am aware of in NC/SC.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, they hold their value around here well. I'm starting to see a lot more of htem around LOTO too...
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
If you are cose to the factory guess resale is not an issue, but i had a 260 listed for 3 years I could not give away! It is the only one I am aware of in NC/SC.

I have had a 260 on Lake Murray since Nov. 1997, bought boat new from Tal Marine in Atlanta. Have it for sale now, looking for something a little bigger.

Jan
Old 12-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Registered

I live in Florida and traveled up to Michigan to buy the boat. When I was up there I took a tour of the Powerquest factory. Unfortunatly I didn't ask if they had and old brochures. It was really cool seeing them put the boats together. BillR
e-mailed me the 270 brochure. Thanks again Bill!