Notices

Jesse James

Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Jesse James

Top Spin,
I have pictures of the 28 Cigarette and the 35 Conquest from a race in Barnegat Bay NJ, from the mid 1980's. If you go to www.NJOFFSHORE.COM and then to photo gallery under my name-feel free to copy these and use them on your site-I'm somewhat computer illiterate and can't post them.Your site looks great!
Is that other guy (with the sunglasses) the famous designer George Linder??

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 01-28-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go
Attached Thumbnails Jesse James-jessecat.jpg   Jesse James-jessev.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mike (Haulin Trash)
Old 01-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ernie,
Nice job, Always fun to see others get interested. Rich thanks for the Kind words on My Dads Behalf. Definatly Was a group effort From inception,design,construction,and having the right race teams running the equipment. Now If you can just convince someone to put up enough cash I'm sure we could all be convinced to get together and do some new 38-40 composite supercats. Even though were working on some top secret kick azz raceboat stuff now.

Regards
Ken Jr.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:12 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Jesse James

Keep up the good work Ernie!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:02 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Anyway to run those gear cases on present day outboards, say 300 promax or 300x???
Those gearcases are still in use today on champ boats........... and I have a pair on the Wing Switzer..... THey could be adapted to Promaxes...but remember...they don't shift.....I raced them on tunnel boats back in the day and knew instinctively that they would be just the ticket on an offshore boat.....In fact they worked flawlessly...smaller diameter props made for less torque abuse in rough water at speed...Top speed with only one half day of testing at the Lake with one set of props was close to 120.....at a time when Open Boats went no faster. This speed was attained with a bunch of people in the cockpit...myself included. (Everybody wanted a ride).

We used a direct reversing starter motor and a reversible ignition system to start one engine in reverse to comply with the rules in offshore.......The fact that, in the reverse mode, the water pump worked backwards too escaped the inspector's notice. It ended the project, however, when the engine was accidently started in that mode while running out to a race start in New Orleans....and melted the powerhead.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Jesse James-linder-luhrs-lake%2520x.%2520conquest-iogp%2520motors..jpg  

Last edited by T2x; 02-04-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:04 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Top Spin,
I have pictures of the 28 Cigarette and the 35 Conquest from a race in Barnegat Bay NJ, from the mid 1980's. If you go to www.NJOFFSHORE.COM and then to photo gallery under my name-feel free to copy these and use them on your site-I'm somewhat computer illiterate and can't post them.Your site looks great!
Is that other guy (with the sunglasses) the famous designer George Linder??
That's either George Linder or George Hamilton...the famous actor...I get the two of them confused all of the time..... Let's see Linder has red hair and Hamilton has brown hair...otherwise they are from an identical gene pool..........

T2x
Old 02-04-2005, 10:09 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Qst4IT
Ernie,
Nice job, Always fun to see others get interested. Rich thanks for the Kind words on My Dads Behalf. Definatly Was a group effort From inception,design,construction,and having the right race teams running the equipment. Now If you can just convince someone to put up enough cash I'm sure we could all be convinced to get together and do some new 38-40 composite supercats. Even though were working on some top secret kick azz raceboat stuff now.

Regards
Ken Jr.
One of these days...Kenny...one of these days!...... If the sport ever stabilizes to where we can have enough predictability....... Maybe the "three amigos" will ride again...eh?

T2x
Old 02-04-2005, 10:17 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Qst4IT & T2X,

Find someone that is willing to do a project like this. Someone is out there that wants to win and win without being in the norm. Would be really cool to see a collaboration from all you guys once again.

DPT

Qst4IT,

I think we both had friend in the name of Mark Cicalese. I was Mark's teammate, employee and friend prior to his passing. I was also in the vehicle when he passed.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=DPT MOTORSPORTS]Qst4IT & T2X,

Find someone that is willing to do a project like this. Someone is out there that wants to win and win without being in the norm. Would be really cool to see a collaboration from all you guys once again.
[QUOTE]

Yeah back to the good ol' days when we all agreed on everything.....er.....some things.....er .....an occasional thing......... We always agreed that it should be a cat....after that...it was an .....interesting....creative process.......

T2x...."The Bald Amigo"

Quick Reply: Jesse James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.