Anybody from Stuart, Florida? >

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Notices

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Old 02-25-2006, 01:07 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Is it all white? Did you go out last Sunday? Drop it in at the ramp?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stormrider:

That was me - all white with light blue cockpit interior and a very loud 482 with SM dry exhaust

I put in Sunday at Sandsprit - right across from your dad's Knowles at the Boathouse.

Are you here with your boat for the winter?

Harry
Old 02-25-2006, 05:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Unfortunately, no... I'm back in NY.
I saw you drop in, then run a few times b4 pulling out.
Sounded nice. The exhuast tips seemed kinda low to me, but I was kinda far away. The boat looked cool and classic! You should post pics.

And yea, thats my dads boat at the boathouse. That is a great place to keep a boat, its big inside there. No room for my dads boat, but it stays alot cleaner there than in NY, 3-4 miles from kennedy airport. Those plane exhuasts cover everything.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Registered

The exhausts are too low, they are the swept down style and exit too close to the waterline. The boat sounds like **** when not on plane.

I have a pair of taller risers and straight tails that I am going to swap out soon.

Pics of the boat will come as soon as the weather is nice again, it's been raining cats and dogs here all weekend.

Let me know next time you're here, I'll swing by and say hi.

Harry
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Harry, I'd like to get down again in March... just not sure if its gonna happen. If it does I'll let you know.
rob
Old 02-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I don't mean to hijack your thread but we live on the West Coast of FLA(Tampa bay area) and have wanted to bring the boat over there for a long weekend. Thought of staying at SailFish Marina but trailer parking is an issue there. Any other suggestions for places with dockage? I know about the sandbar by Peanut Island but what is Shrimpers? Sucks about PH, condos are sucking up good real estate over here too, I worry 10 years from now there will be no ramps or waterfront restaurants.

If you are ever in the Tampa Bay area let me know. Nice day.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 951 Likes on 511 Posts

Mneal,

There is a boat ramp on the north side of Blue Heron Blvd bridge and Sailfish is on the south side. It is Phil Smith or Phil Foster park. Three words for you LOCK, LOCK, LOCK if you use that ramp/ parking lot. It is within a 3 minute walk to Sailfish but the area is very rough for leaving valuables like you truck overnight. A stand alone trailer would be real sketchy too. I have never used that ramp but have heard the stories (like stolen batteries out of a boat, but the boat itself was untouched!)
Old 02-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered

Another jersey boy here gets to stuart a bit . Have used that ramp too. Heard the same from peeps there. My bud has a house on the river just north of the ramp so we take the truck back there and keep tha boat at his dock. Seen broken glass in the parking lot and that always scares me. Love shrimpers , Pirates Cove, Hit up Wahoos too. Party island by the inlet was great on a hot day but the locals don't really come out in 75-80 degree days (better than 24 here today) .The dock got trashed last year in all the storms and there is nothing left but the pilings at this point. I'd have to swim a cord out to the lift! Maybe get it done soon and I'll be back for a winter.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody from Stuart, Florida?-scarab-dock-2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

Hunster:

What part of Jersey are you from? My family is originally from the Linden/Elizabeth area, and had summer homes in Deal and Long Branch. They've been here in Stuart since 1980.

The ramp that you, Stormrider and I are talking about is Sandsprit Park at the mouth of the Manatee Pocket. The ramp the other members are talking about is in Riviera Beach, a northern suburb of West Palm Beach, and definitely NOT a great neighborhood. On the other hand, Sandsprit is in a pretty nice neighborhood, not too far from your friend's house, which from the pictures I am assuming is on the west side of the channel, on the old Bay Harbor Club property, off of Old St. Lucie Blvd. What's his name, I may know him . . .

Shrimpers and Pirates are definitely my hangouts, Wahoo's is no longer accessible by boat as they have torn out the docks, all but closed the bar, and are making room to build, yea you guessed it, more condos . . . . there is a cool new place called Finz which opened directly opposite Shrimpers and is owned by the same people as Bare Bones, just to the northwest of Shrimpers. "Party Island" as you called it is affectionately known to us locals as "the sandbar," and was packed the weekend that Stormrider saw me out. Seems that the football season shows the biggest loss of people on the water.

Let me know next time you're down, we'll have a gathering of performance boats!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:05 AM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

just got home to pa from a two week stay in jensen beach looking to go back the end of march we have been going there for 10 years no boat this year but shopping for one

Quick Reply: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.