Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TRS question...

Love the smooth shift instead of the GRRRRRbang
Old 03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with you guys' on the TRS's. They are a much stronger drive than the Bravo. Just like Biggus says, you can bolt a set of Konrads on anytime and keep that velvety smooth tranny! There are some killer deals on TRS boats too. I know I stole mine becuase nobody wanted a clunky old TRS boat. Joke was on them, I finnished more poker runs than most of the Bravo guys.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered

Just went and looked at the ad for that boat. Looks intersting. Looks like it has gen 6 motors? Should rip, I wouldn't give those drives a second thought if you like the boat. Just my .02
Old 03-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some other boats in the works at the moment trying to find the perfect one.
Personally I like DS6 drives myself but hey, cant have everything all the time right?
do the 3 or 3a drive bolt up to the TRS gimal assembly or is this a different animal all together?
Have Konrads come down in price over the last year or so?
Hey biggus, whats up my friend!
Jason
Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, III and IIIa's are totally different. Very big job to change TRS to III, trust me!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
My wife is pushing me on this apache... I do like the lines on this particular 36, has the right rake angle on the fairing.
J
I wish my wife would push me towards a boat.
And you are right about that fairing... the steep raked fairings don't like right.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Registered

I don't think the Konrads have come down in price... Has anything over the past few years? They have got better though, now that they have the speedy lower.

Jayl13, make your wife happy and go buy that boat boy!!! you won't regret getting the TRS's.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Re: TRS question...

TRS's were offered by Mercruiser as a "service part" for years after they were discontinued as part of a Mercruiser "engine package", at both the OEM and Dealer level. Ed
Old 03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,281 Likes on 1,060 Posts

I've never owned a TRS boat but it would SERIOUSLY scare me to own a boat and have drives that parts are getting more scarce everyday and someday (probably sooner than later) will be completely gone.

I know you can bolt on the Konrads and everyone talks like it's no biggie and everything but they're forgetting one little part...Konrads are like 8-10k a side plus labor. Not really what I want to do after plopping down 75k on a boat.

From what I'm told from every mechanic I talk with is they were great drives. Key word WERE. But hey, the boat is priced well and looks to be SUPER clean and I like that paint too. If you have the cash to be able to throw some Konrads on in future than go for it. Just my .02.

Last edited by thisistank; 03-30-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
I've never owned a TRS boat but it would SERIOUSLY scare me to own a boat and have drives that parts are getting more scarce everyday and someday (probably sooner than later) will be completely gone.

I know you can bolt on the Konrads and everyone talks like it's no biggie and everything but they're forgetting one little part...Konrads are like 8-10k a side plus labor. Not really what I want to do after plopping down 75k on a boat.

From what I'm told from every mechanic I talk with is they were great drives. Key word WERE. But hey, the boat is priced well and looks to be SUPER clean and I like that paint too. If you have the cash to be able to throw some Konrads on in future than go for it. Just my .02.
If you look at the fact that a trs boat vs a bravo boat may be 25% cheaper initial purchase price and youll be replacin bravos/parts pretty often.. Id think you could buy a better boat do Konrads right away and still be ahead.
TRS parts will be around for a looooong time

Quick Reply: TRS question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.