Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... >

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Born raised and live on the lake.. IMHO the only problem here is that the lake has become somewhat crowded..There are all types of activities that could interfere with one another . Jet skiing, waterskiing, sailing, kayaking, bass fishing etc.. There is no one simple solution other than tolerence of others and their right to enjoy the lake .
Honestly I dont want to see any more ramps or rack storage.
The lake is as busy as it can handle on a saturday in july.
Welcome to any lake USA...LOTO is the same way but we all learn to live together...

Heck the little lake south of my hometown North Platte gets busy for it's size on a nice summer weekend and the biggest boat I have seen on it is 24 feet.

People still ski and fish at LOTO on the weekends but most do it before 10am and after 8pm from what I have seen, or do it during the week when there is 90% less traffic.

Not a new problem, just new to your lake..Hope you all get it worked out so everyone can enjoy it.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VB it seems like the vast majority want to do just that. Unfortunately, there is a handfull of self appointed arrogant "masters of the Lake" who feel that they should have the authority to dictate exactly who and who shall not enjoy "Lake Winni", hence all the turmoil.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Biggus will be waking up the lake today with a Fountain that he is looking at for some one I wish I had known earlier and I would have met him up there. Oh well....

Jon
hes not going far or fast , lakes still iced in
Old 04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Well I seem to be having a difficult time getting any of my posts, posted.

Hmmmmm, what a surprise.

I guess once you are "moderated" is "lifetime moderation". That still pisses me off that he moderates my posts.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:09 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Well I seem to be having a difficult time getting any of my posts, posted..
There is another alternative....

Write a letter and have it put in the newspaper explaining what this association's agenda is. They clearly are not looking out for everyone's best interest, just their own...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-17-2005, 07:22 PM

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

I can't even go over there any more i am afraid that all there unsubstantiated BS and lack of facts is going to sway me.Any one interested in a 30' outlaw i need money for a blow boat and a really small outboard.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jarhead0341
I can't even go over there any more i am afraid that all there unsubstantiated BS and lack of facts is going to sway me.Any one interested in a 30' outlaw i need money for a blow boat and a really small outboard.

Hey I should've thought of that.....then I'd have to get a tweed jacket and a sherlock holmes pipe to go with it....
Old 04-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya Jar I hear ya. That guy Even star just compared the Quabbin to Winni.... Ya that is a good one. One is a lake the other is the drinking water for hundereds of thousands of residences in MA. If they are so concerned about the drinking water up there then they should look more at all the fertalizer from those huge houses that is rolling into the lake. How good do you think that is for the lake?
As for Wachusett: That is a resovoir also and this from the Mass Gov. web site: "To assure pure water, there are a number of regulations such as prohibiting boats, ice fishing, wading, swimming, overnight camping, alcoholic beverages, littering, animals, bikes and motor vehicles from the reservoir and abutting property." That means that even he can not use that lake, so with his argument no one should be allowed onto Winni? I mean I know that is what they want but....
I guess everyone at Lake George should be bummed because evenstar also said that the speed limit there is 25mph.... They keep bringing up Lake George. If they researched any first of all it is a 45 MPH speed limit. Secondly it is only enforced if you are a total retard from what I understand and lastly, if the reason that they want all these laws is to get us off the lake, they need only look to Lake George to see that there are still PLENTY of GFBL's on that lake every day
Old 04-18-2005, 06:03 AM

He or she is the one i had the little ownership debate with , about as smart as a bag of hammers.I own the quabbin res that is all my doing thank you very much. we better be careful then if they can change the SL on a lake in new york imagine the influence in their own state Once the ice is gone i wont even feel the need to look at that site.They are still such a small percent the only thing they can do is hope every year to piss a few more people off.Myself and a few others i have talked to must all drive around the lake with blinders on because the only thing i see every once and a while is stupid boaters doing stupid things.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Registered

Something's been "funky" with that site since yesterday afternoon. No posts were put up at all after 1:35 or something like that. I tried posting three times and nothing, but nothing from anyone else either. This morning the "Forum" Page won't even come up.

FatazzJack is giving Acres of idiots a run for his money. Now THERE is someone who thinks his word is law. He doesn't ever want to run faster than 45 so of course there is no reason whatsoever that anyone else would ever want to exceed that speed. I like your box of hammers anology. Combine that with my box of rocks, and you have the comprehension level of a few of those Forum members. You could talk to those people until time went backwards and they just don't get it. They really feel they have the right to dictate who and who doesn't get to enjoy that body of water. Pathetic.

Could you imagine if a ban on boats that would not run 45 mph were tried? Now THAT would be some serious conversation.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.