Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boating in the St Louis Area?? >

Boating in the St Louis Area??

Notices

Boating in the St Louis Area??

Old 04-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boating in the St Louis Area??

I grew up boating on the Ole Mississippi ( I can still spell it too). When the water's good we always had a great time boating, skiing, beaching on the sandbars and hanging out w/ everyone. Unfortunately from about 1993 on the spring floods turned into summer floods and the season became very short. If the water level is good and you don't have the time to spend the whole weekend and make the drive to the Lake, it's not a bad way to go.
The MO river has virtually no recreational facilities but once a year we would launch the boats and head up to Herman MO for the Octoberfest.
TS
Old 04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size boat? I kow of a place that has three-sided storage for $30 a month. THere is a size limit though, I think about 28 ft or smaller. They will put you in an out and they are located at the 4 MM on the North Shore.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

When I still had the old Excalibur, I took it to Alton to boat on the Mississippi and before making it to the Channel I was dragging bottom. Scared the crap out of me. Depth gauge would go down to 3 ft in seemingly normal water. Great views but I would MUCH rather go to LOTO and know I won't hit a stump or the bottom.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Registered

If you boat in St louis go to the Mississippi -St Charles Alton Dardene Draw area is ok Damed up river slash lake like. LOTO I have stayed in motels rented wet slips stayed in a campground owned a cabin now I live here full time.Lots of new wet slips at Bergers plus in out storage tons of other places to store any size boat here. Mark Twain Lake is Toward Hannibal on the small side good fishing if you are into that.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Registered

Great info guys, I will really miss KY lake only 15 Min away but I'm know it would Kick A compared to it. I guess once we drive it , I can talk her into the weekend. See ya there this summer either way.