Leaky EMi manifolds >

Leaky EMi manifolds

Notices

Leaky EMi manifolds

Old 04-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Leaky EMi manifolds

Having similar problems with Eddie Marine manifolds. A poor design and workmanship of the chrome risers for sure. Mine are getting cracks at the weld joint where the elbow is welded to the the straight pipe. Mine are about 2yrs. old and have the water ports on the manifold side. Is EMI the only ones to buy the gaskets from? Is their another supplier? In the future, I would certainly look a little harder at other manufacturers of exhaust manifolds.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmdog
Having similar problems with Eddie Marine manifolds. A poor design and workmanship of the chrome risers for sure. Mine are getting cracks at the weld joint where the elbow is welded to the the straight pipe. Mine are about 2yrs. old and have the water ports on the manifold side. Is EMI the only ones to buy the gaskets from? Is their another supplier? In the future, I would certainly look a little harder at other manufacturers of exhaust manifolds.
Dude I guess we got what we paid for...next time I'll drop a few more bucks and get a better piece.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dyno- -no truer words spoken. It is not my intent to bad mouth EMI . I assume they carry a excellent line of products but exhaust system is another story. Their warranty states some of the exh. systems are covered for 5 yrs. Which is great until you read the conditions.You must have the original receipt and sent in a warranty card. What warranty card? It may of got thrown away with the packing or EMI didn't ship one. Who's to know? Will keep you all updated with the results.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

going to weld mine up and see if they are better....I'll keep you posted
Old 04-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TMDOG

Get some gasket material and make your own, if you need. Just make sure the material you get will be resistant to the heat from the mainifolds and not harden/crack.

I have not had issues with any weld cracks or any defects at all in my manifolds. I proter and polished then, run a 741 Crane cam and have no reversion...

Zack
Old 04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyno
anyone have problems with them leakin like a biotch? I'm thinking about welding shut the water passages at the riser and going to dry stacks.
This is a notorious problem with these. That's why EMI doesn't sell them anymore like this. I know many people who this happened to (outside of this board), including myself.

You are on the right track, weld them shut - that's what I had done to mine. No leaks now .