Notices

Roller lifters input

Old 05-07-2005, 05:08 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Re: Roller lifters input

I don't have many pictures of my boat.

Last edited by GPM; 08-05-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:16 PM
GPM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
The lower gears are breaking? I would of thought you are breaking the uppers or the shafts.4-6hrs....that scares me right there.

1372,thats a respectable number!Let me know if you have any pics of your boat and or motor.
I'm not breaking the gears, the faces are pealing off. I did break the Teague Platnum verticle shaft, just cracking the throttle at 120. I changed all the shafts to the Max stuff, haven't broke one since. There's a picture of the motor on Procharger.com under marine performance.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 862 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
I'm not breaking the gears, the faces are pealing off. I did break the Teague Platnum verticle shaft, just cracking the throttle at 120. I changed all the shafts to the Max stuff, haven't broke one since. There's a picture of the motor on Procharger.com under marine performance.
I broke a max vert shaft but it had 3 seasons& over 150 hours on it,sheared right above where the splines go into upper gear of lower. Where did you teague shaft break? I figured it should have broke further up where it is much smaller,Smitty
Old 05-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking boats.I take it yours is the one with the scoop.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
GPM
Registered

The Teague Platinum shaft broke right below the coupler, it had about 40 hours on it.

Last edited by GPM; 05-07-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
GPM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
Good looking boats.I take it yours is the one with the scoop.
Thanks, it is the one with the scoop, my brother owns the other one. He had DCB raise the swim pad so his blower would fit underneath.

Last edited by GPM; 05-07-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

I didnt understand what you meant by swim pad,but I'm guessing your talking about the engine hatch?

Im going to have to raise my hatch a small amount so far.I'm going to have Dave build me a new fiberglass hatch with the scoops molded into the side for more air.Then have fabric on top so it still looks like a family boat.Should be somewhat of a sleeper and catch a few people off guard for sure.

I was reading the ProCharger.com add and its saying you ran 144?That would put you past Eliminators single engine cat's fastest speed recorded wouldnt it?Thats an incredible number to run,I'll be happy with 130's for what Im trying to acheive here.

I talked to my engine builder and I think I'll stick to my original plan and use Jesel rollers or Crowers stuff.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:56 PM
GPM
Registered

Swim pad, sun pad, center pad on the top of the engine hatch, different terms same part. My brother wanted the sleeper look also. My intake was to tall so I went with the scoop, I think it gets more air that way. The 144 was with the old motor. I think you would be happy with the Crower lifters and Jesel shaft rockers, and either Crower or Isky springs. I don't think you will have a problem reaching the upper 130s. What heads are you going to use?

Last edited by GPM; 05-07-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
Swim pad, sun pad, center pad on the top of the engine hatch, different terms same part. My brother wanted the sleeper look also. My intake was to tall so I went with the scoop, I think it gets more air that way. The 144 was with the old motor. I think you would be happy with the Crower lifters and Jesel shaft rockers, and either Crower or Isky springs. I don't think you will have a problem reaching the upper 130s. What heads are you going to use?
Dart Pro1 355 cnc's.I think Jesel shaft rockers,Crower sd rollers.903,and Crower cam,Manton push rods,Crower springs?,and titanium retainers and such.I was going to use Brodix or AFR's but for what Im doing and the boost I'll be running I should get by with just the Darts Pro1's.Hopefully the runners are thick enough and dont crack.

Are you going to bring that thing out this way any time soon?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
I broke a max vert shaft but it had 3 seasons& over 150 hours on it,sheared right above where the splines go into upper gear of lower. Where did you teague shaft break? I figured it should have broke further up where it is much smaller,Smitty
What boat is it on?

Quick Reply: Roller lifters input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.