Roller lifters input

Notices

Roller lifters input

Old 05-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roller lifters input

Originally Posted by GPM
I didn't care for the Pro 1s, they seemed a little light for a blower application.
You go with Brodix?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:06 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
You go with Brodix?
I ran the Pro1 for one season in a N/A motor,lost guides and head gaskets. Gaskets could have been my fault. Switched to the Brodix, I've run them 5 seasons now. I haven't lost a guide, or a gasket. Some people love the Pro1s.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

My original plan was too use the AFR 357cnc's but they were all of of stock on them and I thought this project was gonna move along faster than it has been.I'll put some thought into it but for now I'll stick with the Pro1's.Looks like CMI will be taking 6-8 weeks to build the headers,thats not a good thing to hear but what can I do.I need them.

I need to learn more about what lifters right now though.Im guessing I will need a centered large bore lifter for my Dart Big M block?Not the offset ones.Will any .903-.937 lifter work in a Big M block,with the right machining?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:36 PM
GPM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
My original plan was too use the AFR 357cnc's but they were all of of stock on them and I thought this project was gonna move along faster than it has been.I'll put some thought into it but for now I'll stick with the Pro1's.Looks like CMI will be taking 6-8 weeks to build the headers,thats not a good thing to hear but what can I do.I need them.

I need to learn more about what lifters right now though.Im guessing I will need a centered large bore lifter for my Dart Big M block?Not the offset ones.Will any .903-.937 lifter work in a Big M block,with the right machining?
I've been runnung the stock .842, 3 seasons with no trouble. I waited 6 months for the 357s and gave up. You might want to look at the new BB3 xtra CNC.

Last edited by GPM; 05-08-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

I agree,the Brodix might be a better head for my motor.if I dont get the results I want or if I crack and port,Ill be Brodix shopping soon.

I need to find a deal on Jesel lifter right now.Easier said then done though.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks GPM! sounds like a good solution to my situation..
Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned

I would go with the Manton or Smith Bros. 2 piece tapered pushrods. This way you can tune each pushrod to the proper length.

Chris
Old 05-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cstraub
I would go with the Manton or Smith Bros. 2 piece tapered pushrods. This way you can tune each pushrod to the proper length.

Chris
Good advice,thank you I'll keep this in mind when the time comes.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I called CV and Manton today. I am going to try and use a straight 7/16" push rod, per Manton's suggestion. I am using guide plates, so the tappered ones are not an option as I was told. Next set of heads get the T&D's. For now trying to stay with what I have. If the 7/16" dont fit, then I will use the .135" wall from CV. They have a faster lead time than Manton. I picked up a 7/16" dowel today. When I get it mocked up, I can tell better which way may work. Hey, I could make them out of wood.. maybe that would work?/

Thanks for all the good info guys.. I believe I am headed in the right direction..

Dick
Old 05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
GPM
Registered

Mr G, how much spring pressure are you running?

Quick Reply: Roller lifters input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.