Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Valve guide clearance...Is there a.. >

Valve guide clearance...Is there a..

Notices

Valve guide clearance...Is there a..

Old 05-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Valve guide clearance...Is there a..

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Laz my guy has the bore gage from Goodson, I don't remember the name brand .He also has the plug gages .

Laz you run your exhaust that tight????

Rob
Strip on aluminum heads with bronze guides I run everything that tight n/a blower and turbo depending how hot exhaust temps sometimes I don't run seals but everything marine I build with a seal and no tension ring on the seal for cast iron I'll run them .0015 int and .002 exhaust anytime you get the guide straight and round like it needs to be you'll never have any issues. By the way on my restrictor plate engines and sprint car alcohol engines I run .0007 on the intake and .0010 on the exhaust with no seals .
Old 05-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Valve guide clearance...Is there a..

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
Strip on aluminum heads with bronze guides I run everything that tight n/a blower and turbo depending how hot exhaust temps sometimes I don't run seals but everything marine I build with a seal and no tension ring on the seal for cast iron I'll run them .0015 int and .002 exhaust anytime you get the guide straight and round like it needs to be you'll never have any issues. By the way on my restrictor plate engines and sprint car alcohol engines I run .0007 on the intake and .0010 on the exhaust with no seals .
Ain't nothing like a tight hole ,Ya just have to keep her lubed so it want stick

Laz thanks for the Info. Like you said if you get them straight and round they want have any tight spots .Its hard to depend on a local shop . I guess you have to trust them .It would not be cost feasible for someone like me to buy all these tools then learn how to use them .If I did that I couldn't afford all that BEER

Laz it sounds like you have done a little of everything with motors

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.