Piston oilers >

Piston oilers

Notices

Piston oilers

Old 06-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Piston oilers

Is anyone using piston oilers in a wet sump engine?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Piston oilers

Yes I have a pair of 565 's n/a. I will share what I am learning. Questions?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

Default Re: Piston oilers

Originally Posted by nightmoves
Yes I have a pair of 565 's n/a. I will share what I am learning. Questions?
what size oilers do you have?What oil pump?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen30
not to bust on you,,but the audi's run them on most of their stuff.what are you looking for,,orfice/spray hole size.my 5 cylinder has 5 of them plus pressurized oil feed to the wrist pins.
In a big block Chevy.Not some European crap.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:48 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

KE and I believe Sterling run them in their 1000+ motors.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

JC,you and I have had some dialogue.Since then;the following points have been recieved,.026 wet sump-.040 dry sump.The basic reason for .040 on dry sump is concern for available volumne on wet sump.However,discussion includes , .040 dry sump may cool the piston in the range of an innercooler.But, it has also been said that sbject to available volumne ,on either system ,a lifter spray bar is a priority.The lifter bar is thought to require approximately .060 supply.Last, the cup cars are said to run flooded valve covers.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Registered

JC I am running .026 orifice ,melling hv pump. No oil pressure problems.Yes I heard winston cup guys run.040 orifice, big second ring gaps and of course considerable vacuum.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

CcanDo: Could you elaborate on "may cool the piston in the range of an intercooler". From a recent article on the new Northstar engine, piston oilers allowed more timing when supercharged, courtesy of rmbuilder.
Attached Thumbnails Piston oilers-northstar-piston-oilers.jpg  
Old 06-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

TOMCAT,I`ll try to answer your question with the insight provided by a couple of knowledgeable sources.The 900SC rebuild spec is .005 to .0085 piston to wall clearance.New,the engine is subject to burn a piston if the water to the inner cooler is not turned on.The 900SC didn`t have piston oilers.The 1075 does have piston oilers and is built to .003 clarance.However, the pistons are high silicone.The inner cooler theory lowers denity altitude,reduces chamber temperature and allows more pressure to the chamber.However,the controlled dyno invireoment is the only place one can really measure results.In a perfect world,the engine will always run at the exact same angle as it ran on the dyno,thereby not effecting distribution.It will run at the same ambient,with the same pressue altitude and etc.Further,the fins were installed and never corroded to effect distribution and etc.The dry sump piston sprayers are cooling the bottom of the piston as the innercooler would cool the top of the piston.Therefore,both systems working together should be ideal.But,for me the KISS method doesn`t provide for an innercooler.Finally,moonyham worked hard to create a water log chamber around the outside of thier supercharger ,but could not control the tolerances.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Piston oilers

What size orifice would you guys use on a dry sump with 15" of vacuum. Injected 10to1 598ci 900hp Is Blp a good kit for the oilers. Thanks

Quick Reply: Piston oilers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.