high oil pressure at idle >

high oil pressure at idle

Notices

high oil pressure at idle

Old 06-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: high oil pressure at idle

Was the oil pressure on the dyno with the remote cooler and filter hooked up? You will loose 15lbs of pressure through all of the remote stuff.

Another thing to check is the oil line routing. Make sure they are ran correctly. If you have the oil lines reversed that will eat up 20 lbs or so. If you are running the WIX filter with the anit drain back your cooler will actually be cool while running. The drain back will not allow oil to flow through it backwards. All oil will be going through the bypass.

Which pumps did you put in? Are you running the HV pump or the standard pump. 24 seems way to low for new pumps. Did you have the correct pickup's put in for the pans you are using and did you have the clearance checked.

I'm betting on the oil lines being reversed.

BTW I'm actually from Amherst, which is in Lorain County. So I'm closer than you thought. Do you make it to the Islands much?

Rob
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motors were dynoed with all rigging in place. I need to get the dyno sheets to check oil pressures.

Pans, pumps, rigging, and dyno all done by Sterling, so I have reason to believe everything is correct. Also everything is identical externally when comparing motors. Again, had no issue until the fitting cracked (I did the fitting a few years ago, not Sterling).

I do get to P.I.B. and Kelly's Island frequently. Also have a brother who lives in Bay Village. Perhaps we will cross paths this summer!

Chris

Last edited by RedDog382; 06-13-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

Ok here's a thought.. If you are refering to the oil passage I think your talking about I may have figured it out. Are you refering to the opening on the back side of the motor half way up by where the bell housing mounts?

If so this passage is kinda small and close to the outside casting of the block. For that reason the extension that merc puts in there has a very shallow thread, (it does not go into the block very far. If you have just eliminated this extension and put the sender directly into the block it's possiable the sender protruding too far into the passage, blocking some of the flow. This would cause higher oil pressures.

Try to get a small pipe plug a shallow one from any hardware store and replace the sender with the plug. Make sue it is not past the threads in the block.

Rob
Old 06-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Hey reddog were you planning on going on the sandusky pokerrun listed in the gatherings fourm?