Raylar Results

Notices

Raylar Results

Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Raylar Results

It was dynoed with stock Merc exhaust.

No engine mods, besides the Raylar BCK 103 kit.

Am adding a more efficient oil cooler kit before the engine goes back in the boat. Moves the cooler to the back of the engine, includes a cleaner look , new braided lines, a bit of bling.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Senecadds..what cooler did you go with? I just picked up one from "franky" over on hotboat.com. Should be showing up at my door in the next 30minutes according to the boys in brown (UPS)
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Matt,

Yes, I am installing the "Franky" Oil Cooler Kit.

His real name is Frank Doerfler, and was great to deal with.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

its a fairly pricey kit but it looks like its up to the task. All the fittings and braided lines should help sprucen up the generator...i mean 496
Old 07-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Matt99: what were your water-test results with the Raylar kit this past week-end?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
David:

Thank you for your good words. I always makes us feel great when customers get excited about the results of our kits. I got my copy of the dyno sheet and the numbers are again impressive as we have seen from two other independant dyno evaluations. The torque is probably the most incredible item. When torque from about 2000rpms up to over 5000 rpms averages more than 550 ft./lbs and stays over 550 all the way to 5000rpms., the boat is going to run, torque does the work and a torque band like this is just like a diesel, nice and flat except its still flat a 5150rpms!! Wiat til that "toy" hits the water! That will be equally impressive. We just finished the dyno runs on two of our new HO600 496 cu/in. Mercury motors we built for a customers new 32 footer. They made 607HP at 5100rpms at the revlimiter and 640ft/lbs of torque at 4200 rpms with torque again staying over 630 ft./lbs all the way to 5100rpms!!The printout shows the horsepower still climbing at 5100 so I am sure at lets say 5400 rpms this motor will probably be over 625HP based on the still climbing line of the power at 5100rpms. This was also done on the stock Mercury ECM!! with our new piggyback programmer. A Michigander on these boards will have his HO600 closer to dial in this weekend and we expect pretty awesome results based on our preliminary testing earlier this month a Lake Havasu. I don't want to steal any of his thunder, cause I know he will be really excited to post his results when we get his boat dialed in. You probably know the boat it was in the shop with yours. In any event congratulations on your results I will be waiting to hear your in the water results! Should be great!!

We'll keep massaging the 496 and see where we can get!

Cheers!

Ray @ Raylar
Ray,
Does that mean you have all the mapping and everything dailed in for the 600 hp? Alos what exhuast did you have on the engines that were dynoed? I have not had a chance to get out on the boat since you sent the computer back to Aaron, we will be getting up a week from tomorrow, I am hoping everything runs smoothly.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Re: Raylar Results

Modern Marine's other Raylar upgrade with the 106 kit hit the water over the July 4th holiday in a Velocity VR1. This is the Michigander Ray referenced earlier. Last year the boat could barely hit the rev limiter with a labbed 26" Bravo, 1 person in the boat, a half tank of gas, and the tabs and trim up for speed. This year five adults with all their gear and a cooler, plus a full tank of gas, running a 28" labbed Bravo quickly ran into the rev limiter with throttle and trim left to go. That's also with Gibson bullet transom mount mufflers.

This kit required using Raylar's "ebox" connected to the stock computer, and replacing the stock fuel pump/filter system with an Aeromotive pump and 1/2" fuel lines into and out of the fuel/water separator. The engine also uses the 14 quart Dooley oil pan and Hardin oil cooler/thermostat. The engine looks as great as it runs! It's like you hit nitrous once you get above 3500 rpm. It's amazing to be zipping along at 4500 rpm and hit the throttle and have instant acceleration left. Getting rid of the stock rev limiter will be another great improvement.
Attached Thumbnails Raylar Results-engine-48-small.jpg   Raylar Results-engine-50-small.jpg   Raylar Results-engine-55-small.jpg  

Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

David, if you haven't seen your engine painted yet, the color is the same as the pictures I attached. The upholstery and air inlet tubes look orange in the pictures because the sun washed them out - they are actually bright red. However, the color of the engine's intake manifold and valve covers are very close to the actual color. I saw your dyno sheet and you've got a great performer. The dyno used has a reputation for being tough but fair.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Registered

Thanks Escape Velocity !!

Being so far away, I had no idea what the engine would look like. That red powdercoat looks great.

Are those the Basset(sp?) headers?

I plan to add a set ,not sure which, but wanted to have a more pure comparison by using Merc standard exhaust.

Anyway, congratulations on your project.

Now I am really getting excited to see my boat ! Hope Jeff finishes soon.

Dave
Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave,

Yes, those are the Bassett tri-Y headers. I posted on the thread about the CMI exhaust with some information about them. They look really great, and they're all set up for both the 496's exhaust water temperature sender and the stock "tee valve" for the cooling hoses.

I'm off for the weekend to see the "Smoke on the Water" poker run and a triathon on Sunday. I'll be looking for Jeff and his boats at the poker run.

Randy

Quick Reply: Raylar Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.