Raylar Results

Notices

Raylar Results

Old 07-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Raylar Results

Randy,

Good luck in your tri Sunday. I gave up on tri's last year and just cycle. Bad swimmer. Got a few medals , but too painful. Sloppy stroke, but I can pedal.

Heading over to So. France to do the last week of the Tour with Trek next Friday.

The CMI's might be a good idea, but I haven't found very much information. This is very new , right?

Dave
Old 07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Raylar Results

I really have to say that Randy (owner)and Jeff of Modern Marine our Michigan dealer really did an awesome job of building and rigging the "Red Monsta" HO600 496(previous 425hp 496HO) in Randy's "sic" "Escape Velocity!" Its so rewarding to know that all of the design and development that Larry and I have sweated over the last three years is continuing to bring the best compliment a high performance development company like us can have, "A Big Grin on the Owners face!"What Randy now has is an honest 600HP EFI 496 cubic inch motor with awesome torque and the reliability of our forged internals. It has the system secrets and efficiency of our kit parts that produce a motor that will idle at 650 rpms, make power and rev well beyond the 5150 rev-limit of the stock Merc ECM and still provide all the wonderful reliability and safe engine control thats provided by the wonderful Mercury "Guardian system" Our new stainless coil relocation brackets, the Jeff's awesome powdercoating and the polished 316 stainless Bassett/Raylar "Tri-Y" headers complete the bling and keep the "Monsta" breathing! Those of you with 496's can now see that your motors can be upgraded to horsepower levels from 525HP to 600HP+ and still run your stock HO ecm and use all of Mercury's great accessories found on the stock 496. The best part of this is that it can be done without supercharging and the big dent in the wallet that has accompanied some aftermarket and "blue" motor offerings. We are hard at work on all kinds of new 496 "goodies" including our 572 cubic inch 700HP+ EFI 496 motor and our new electronic IR efi manifold that will make "Bling Bling" and power like you've never seen!! As I've said before here on OSO, stay tuned more's on the way from Raylar!!
Again to Randy and his "Escape Velocity," Congratulations on a project "Well Done!! Wait till Randy" rev-limiter is reset to 5600 or so rpms!! The Grin will get bigger!!!

Ray & Larry @ Raylar
Old 07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile Re: Raylar Results

Ray,

You're right about the big GRIN! The new power has transformed the boat's performance. There are many great things about this new motor to love, but I'd like to re-emphasize two points. First, the idle at 650 rpm, though sounding awesome, is incredibly docile for docking and dealing with the long no-wake areas I have to boat through to get to Lake Michigan. You'd swear that it was a stock motor. Second, the tolerance for 87 & 89 octane gas. I could never consider supercharging because my boat spends much of its summer on the hoist, and I must buy whatever gas is available at the marinas where I boat.

I have peace of mind with the reliability of the engine and drive by having your H beam rods, Mahle forged pistons and roller rocker arms, combined with the upgrade to my Bravo X drive with Max Machine Worx gears, bearings, top cap and prop shaft.

Finally, I truly appreciated the collaboration we enjoyed as we worked through the final implementation of this project. Your accessability and the "adult supervision" you provided was a big source of help and confidence. Any future enhancements to the programming of the computer will be frosting on the cake.
Randy
Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will you Email me copies of dyno sheets for the 496HO with stock ecm and exhaust manifolds for....
1.) Raylar heads only with your 1:1.8 roller rockers and optimized fuel pressure but stock injectors?
2.) Raylar heads and cam only with your 1:1.8 roller rockers and optimized fuel pressure but stock injectors?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered

why with all the talk of power why do I see no post of Dyno sheets. what is the big deal of showing the measurements???
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: Raylar Results

PM me your address and I will send you all the independant dyno sheets you will need.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are we getting any where with the 525 efi Ray?