Notices

Raylar Results

Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raylar Results

Just got my dyno sheet.

BCK 103 conversion on a 496 MagHO.

So far , it's everything Ray said it would be. Huge increase in torque at midrange. 527 hp at the rev limiter.

Next is the water test.

Thanks Ray !
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Raylar Results

Impressive!
Can you post the dyno sheet?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Rmbuilder has the dyno sheet. He is going to write an article for a magazine about the project.

It would be up to him if he wanted to release the dyno sheet now.

But I can tell you this......at least on the dyno so far.....it works !
Old 06-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Raylar Results

David:

Thank you for your good words. I always makes us feel great when customers get excited about the results of our kits. I got my copy of the dyno sheet and the numbers are again impressive as we have seen from two other independant dyno evaluations. The torque is probably the most incredible item. When torque from about 2000rpms up to over 5000 rpms averages more than 550 ft./lbs and stays over 550 all the way to 5000rpms., the boat is going to run, torque does the work and a torque band like this is just like a diesel, nice and flat except its still flat a 5150rpms!! Wiat til that "toy" hits the water! That will be equally impressive. We just finished the dyno runs on two of our new HO600 496 cu/in. Mercury motors we built for a customers new 32 footer. They made 607HP at 5100rpms at the revlimiter and 640ft/lbs of torque at 4200 rpms with torque again staying over 630 ft./lbs all the way to 5100rpms!!The printout shows the horsepower still climbing at 5100 so I am sure at lets say 5400 rpms this motor will probably be over 625HP based on the still climbing line of the power at 5100rpms. This was also done on the stock Mercury ECM!! with our new piggyback programmer. A Michigander on these boards will have his HO600 closer to dial in this weekend and we expect pretty awesome results based on our preliminary testing earlier this month a Lake Havasu. I don't want to steal any of his thunder, cause I know he will be really excited to post his results when we get his boat dialed in. You probably know the boat it was in the shop with yours. In any event congratulations on your results I will be waiting to hear your in the water results! Should be great!!

We'll keep massaging the 496 and see where we can get!

Cheers!

Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 06-28-2005 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

The thing I am pretty interested in ( besides kick butt performance) is that there is the true potential that this will make my boat more fuel efficient in the cruising mode.

My hunch from the beginning is that getting just on plane with a very efficient hull will happen at lower engine RPM once my 496 was Raylared.

And thereby, quieter.

And draining 87 or 89 Octane.

We have pre - conversion numbers.

However, it is not going to be a pure comparison because I have added a standoff box with hydraulics, and planes. It was for control , of course , as I have learned from many OSO posts.

More to follow.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
David:

Thank you for your good words. I always makes us feel great when customers get excited about the results of our kits. I got my copy of the dyno sheet and the numbers are again impressive as we have seen from two other independant dyno evaluations. The torque is probably the most incredible item. When torque from about 2000rpms up to over 5000 rpms averages more than 550 ft./lbs and stays over 550 all the way to 5000rpms., the boat is going to run, torque does the work and a torque band like this is just like a diesel, nice and flat except its still flat a 5150rpms!! Wiat til that "toy" hits the water! That will be equally impressive. We just finished the dyno runs on two of our new HO600 496 cu/in. Mercury motors we built for a customers new 32 footer. They made 607HP at 5100rpms at the revlimiter and 640ft/lbs of torque at 4200 rpms with torque again staying over 630 ft./lbs all the way to 5100rpms!!The printout shows the horsepower still climbing at 5100 so I am sure at lets say 5400 rpms this motor will probably be over 625HP based on the still climbing line of the power at 5100rpms. This was also done on the stock Mercury ECM!! with our new piggyback programmer. A Michigander on these boards will have his HO600 closer to dial in this weekend and we expect pretty awesome results based on our preliminary testing earlier this month a Lake Havasu. I don't want to steal any of his thunder, cause I know he will be really excited to post his results when we get his boat dialed in. You probably know the boat it was in the shop with yours. In any event congratulations on your results I will be waiting to hear your in the water results! Should be great!!

We'll keep massaging the 496 and see where we can get!

Cheers!

Ray @ Raylar
any thing in the works for the 525efi?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

Has anyone tried the Raylar system with a Procharger? Would the intake make a difference under boost? I would love to see how your intake works on my rebuilt 496 with M1 Procharger 8 lbs boost.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

great numbers! Ray, that torque sounds pretty impressive!!!

We should be finally splashing our newly ralyar'd 496 HO this weekend ( Baja H2X, 24', 3900lb dry weight) and doing some prop tests. Ran a best of 73 on GPS in stock form so we are hoping the Raylar boys can help us to 80mph.

Last edited by Matt99DECH; 06-28-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Registered

Ray:
I like the fact that you have taken a clean slate approach to the 496 and have achieved results that no one has done to date. I think you guys deserve a lot of praise as the "pioneers" of the 496 aftermarket.
Have you guys given any thought to doing a set of heads and manifold of the same design that will bolt to the Mark IV, Gen V and VI blocks? It just seems that the tall symmetrical port design really works better than a traditional BBC siamesed port design and I can only imagine the power potential is there for even larger 500++ cid motors.
I guess I'm thinking of a happy middle ground between a set of stock style rectangular port heads and the much larger Dart "Big Chief" symmetrical heads.
Obviously, the cam would have to be changed as well.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great job Ray!!
What exhaust was this motor dyno'd with?
Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Raylar Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.