Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
oil pressure problems from stock hardware >

oil pressure problems from stock hardware

Notices

oil pressure problems from stock hardware

Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I blocked the outside hole but couldn't get the center one out before it was time to head to the lake. I couldn't get a bolt to work on either bypass so I just popped the outside one out with a screwdriver but the center one is too deep for that. Taking just the one out helped my oil pressure problem out quite a bit, but not enough so I need to get center bypass out. Does anyone have any ideas for getting that one out? I tried different size bolts and lag bolts but nothing would grab a hold. I did not try metric however
Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a starter bolt and tapped it in with a hammer.

Just went through all this stuff, pulled out the valves, changed to a remote filter pad that blocks the relief hole in the pad. Did new thermostatic oil coolers with all -12 lines and fittings. Oil pressure now stays 60psi at idle and 80psi at speed regardless of temp, which with the new coolers does not go over 220. Definitely a big difference.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Never mind - did not see that you blocked the outside bypass. Center bypass just routes the oil through some extra passages for the external cooler. May or may not help your pressure to remove this.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

feel like putting together a walk through for us non mechanical types?

Originally Posted by hotjava66

Just went through all this stuff, pulled out the valves, changed to a remote filter pad that blocks the relief hole in the pad. Did new thermostatic oil coolers with all -12 lines and fittings. Oil pressure now stays 60psi at idle and 80psi at speed regardless of temp, which with the new coolers does not go over 220. Definitely a big difference.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66

Out of curiosity, what was your oil pressure before these modifications?
Old 07-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Bump as this seems relevant here lately.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Just clarifying the oil route so I don't get anything crossed up. The oil leaves the block adaptor from the offset nipple, to the remote oil filter, to the oil cooler, and then back to the center port on the block adaptor, correct?
Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have been using a moroso sandwich filter block adapter on a Merlin block however the outer o ring lands just barely on the edge of the block filter pad as this block pad is smaller than the ones on the GM blocks. I am concerned about it leaking a little there. I like the simple pluming with this setup and can just reach the filter to change it. Does anyone make a sandwich adapter with the double o ring seal for the Merlin blocks or do I need to either fabricate a special gasket for the adapter to block seal or go to the double o ring block adapter and set up a remote filter?
Old 04-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
I currently have been using a moroso sandwich filter block adapter on a Merlin block however the outer o ring lands just barely on the edge of the block filter pad as this block pad is smaller than the ones on the GM blocks. I am concerned about it leaking a little there. I like the simple pluming with this setup and can just reach the filter to change it. Does anyone make a sandwich adapter with the double o ring seal for the Merlin blocks or do I need to either fabricate a special gasket for the adapter to block seal or go to the double o ring block adapter and set up a remote filter?
If it has two bolts that hold the block adapter to the filter pad (Mark iv) I have everything you need to mount the filter off the back of the port head with lines. Pm me if interested. If not interested in what I have everyone and there brother makes block adapters that will work.

Quick Reply: oil pressure problems from stock hardware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.