Demon carb ? Tech

Notices

Demon carb ? Tech

Old 07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Demon carb ? Tech

Originally Posted by kmiller
Why does everyone have different ideals my vac at idle is 6.5 the raceshop up the street said with that cam at 700 rpms that sound right. Some say 3.5 now 4.5??? Not sure maby I will have to play around.. Runs good now, it may have been the smooth water slowing me down....
Sorry to confuse you but without you giving exact readings thats all everyone can do is guess.....You need to get the vaccum readings to figure out the right powervalve for YOUR motor.....what ever you cruise at take a vaccum reading....then get reading at idle.....take the lowest reading of the two and subtract 2.0 from that....at that point you have the correct powervalve for YOUR motor.......IF you still have problems then you need to look elsewhere.....Hope this helps....

Randy
Old 07-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: Demon carb ? Tech

Thanks I will give that a try for "My" engine......... I had posted My idle & thats the first I herd about checking at cruse speed.... Just tring to learn / would have posted that if I knew to check / talk about feeling stupid...................

"You need to get the vaccum readings to figure out the right powervalve for YOUR motor.....what ever you cruise at take a vaccum reading....then get reading at idle"

Last edited by kmiller; 07-16-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Re: Demon carb ? Tech

I sent my DEMON carb to Nickerson and I have never had a Holley carb work out of the box like it does now that Dean worked his magic on it.