Cam sensor installation >

Cam sensor installation

Notices

Cam sensor installation

Old 07-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam sensor installation

I have a cam sensor alarm going off my one of my 525's. The replacement part looks like an entire distributor assembly with the shaft and cap. Anyone ever replace one of these? Do I need to worry about the position of this when I reinstall the new one? It's under warranty, so I can take it to a dealer if it's something I shouldn't tackle on my own.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cam sensor installation

I would let the dealer handle that one if it's under warranty!! Hey, sorry about SOTW!! We would of loved to see ya guys. When are you coming up to TC?? We are still boatless
Old 07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

Craig,
How are you. I most likely will take it to a dealer. Monroeville Marine is about three hours away and can't get to it for another week and a half. If was an easy fix I wouldn't have minded tackling it.

What's up with the Cig? Hopefully they've given you a loaner or are paying you not to use it!!!

We were supposed to make a nice trip out of GH last weekend and head up to Traverse, but I had to go back to Fort Wayne Saturday AM to take care of my dog. Then Saturday evening I had to replace the impeller on my boat. Didn't get started until Sunday up there. I'm going to take my inlaws to Saugatuck within the next few weeks. May head a little further north.

Are you going to head down to LOTO this year?

Originally Posted by vandy021
I would let the dealer handle that one if it's under warranty!! Hey, sorry about SOTW!! We would of loved to see ya guys. When are you coming up to TC?? We are still boatless
Old 07-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think we are going to head there. I just got a call after I made the post. We are going to get the boat back tomorrow, and no Cig, wouldn't give a us a loaner. Our boat will be back in the water tomorrow hopefully!! I hope to see you up this way sometime. I guess we may be running in a Poker Run with the guys from Baker Tech/CK Motorsports this weekend up to Boyne or something?? I am not sure. When I get back in the Fort and I will hit you up about getting together for lunch. OH yeah, if someone says it's an easy fix, you can take their advice as well. I just know from exp. that Merc gets fussy if you touch the motors under warranty and you make a mistake!! BEEN THERE!!!

Last edited by vandy021; 07-14-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Have a great time. I'm sure we'll get together sometime soon.
Originally Posted by vandy021
I don't think we are going to head there. I just got a call after I made the post. We are going to get the boat back tomorrow, and no Cig, wouldn't give a us a loaner. Our boat will be back in the water tomorrow hopefully!! I hope to see you up this way sometime. I guess we may be running in a Poker Run with the guys from Baker Tech/CK Motorsports this weekend up to Boyne or something.