Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 06-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

A few asked if this thread is available...here it is..
Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go. AMSOIL Dominator 15w-50 Race Oil. I can get it for $8.10 a qt or $92 a case plus shipping.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/rd50.aspx?zo=1132530

AMSOIL Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Formulated to withstand the elevated RPM, high temperatures and shock-loading common to racing applications, Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil delivers superior performance and maximum protection in extreme conditions.
See Pricing Information or Place an Order

Package sizes include:

1-Quart Bottle
1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
1-Gallon Bottle
1-Gallon Bottles (case of 4)
55-Gallon Drum

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
AMSOIL Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Formulated to withstand the elevated RPM, high temperatures and shock-loading common to racing applications, Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil delivers superior performance and maximum protection in extreme conditions. Its shear-stable formulation was engineered to provide maximum horsepower without sacrificing engine protection. Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil provides straight-grade protection in a multi-grade formulation.

AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API-qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics® to do the best job protecting your engine.

MAXIMUM DURABILITY, MAXIMUM WEAR PROTECTION
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil features an additive package heavily fortified with zinc and phosphorus for superior long-term wear protection. Designed for maximum durability, it ensures critical engine components are protected for the duration of the race. Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil’s superior additive technology provides unmatched durability in extreme conditions. In addition, its high levels of zinc and phosphorus additives make it ideal for street rods, muscle cars and other vehicles with flat-tappet cams.

SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE
Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil’s proprietary friction modifier provides reduced friction for maximum power and cooler engine temperatures, resulting in improved lap times and longer-lasting equipment.

PROTECTION FROM STARTUP TO THE CHECKERED FLAG
Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil’s multi-viscosity design provides maximum protection in temperature extremes. Dominator Racing Oil offers excellent coldstart protection and provides less drag when engine oil has not reached stable operating temperatures. It maintains superior film strength during high-temperature operation on the track.

SUPERIOR-QUALITY OILS, NO DISCRIMINATION
Many oil companies produce specialty racing oils for elite groups and do not offer them to the general public. For instance, several popular oil manufacturers produce racing oils offered only to NASCAR racers. All AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are already formulated to a higher level of performance than competitors’ oils, and AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil is no exception. It provides maximum performance and superior protection to all racers, regardless of their level of competition. The same AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil that is used in the engines of AMSOIL corporately-sponsored racers, including Scott Douglas and Brady Smith, are available to everyone.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil is recommended for high-rpm, high-horsepower, turbo/supercharged, gasoline- or alcohol-burning, nitro-fueled or nitrous oxide gas-injected applications operated under severe conditions.

Applications include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Asphalt Late Model • Dirt Late Model • Modified Big Block • Ford Crate Late Model • Dodge Crate Late Model • Endurance • Rally • Sprint • Truck-Pull • Aluminum Block • Marine • Other high-performance racing and street applications requiring 50-weight oil.

AMSOIL offers WIX Racing Oil Filters for racing applications. WIX racing filters are specially designed for racing applications only.

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES

Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)

Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 17.5

Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 119.6

Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270) 162

CCS Viscosity (°C), cP (ASTM D-5293) 6695 (-20)

Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97) -36 (-33)

Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 234 (453)

Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 248 (478)

Four Ball Wear Test
(ASTM D-4172B: 40 kgf, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 1 hr), Scar, mm 0.47

Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800) 8.0

Shear Stability Kurt Orbahn (ASTM D-6278), % viscosity change 90 cycles. 6.3

High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity, 150ºC, 1.4x106s-1, cP (ASTM D-5481) 5.4
Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by o2man98
Here you go. AMSOIL Dominator 15w-50 Race Oil. I can get it for $8.10 a qt or $92 a case plus shipping.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/rd50.aspx?zo=1132530

AMSOIL Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Formulated to withstand the elevated RPM, high temperatures and shock-loading common to racing applications, Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil delivers superior performance and maximum protection in extreme conditions.
See Pricing Information or Place an Order

Package sizes include:

1-Quart Bottle
1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
1-Gallon Bottle
1-Gallon Bottles (case of 4)
55-Gallon Drum

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
AMSOIL Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Formulated to withstand the elevated RPM, high temperatures and shock-loading common to racing applications, Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil delivers superior performance and maximum protection in extreme conditions. Its shear-stable formulation was engineered to provide maximum horsepower without sacrificing engine protection. Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil provides straight-grade protection in a multi-grade formulation.

AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API-qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics® to do the best job protecting your engine.

MAXIMUM DURABILITY, MAXIMUM WEAR PROTECTION
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil features an additive package heavily fortified with zinc and phosphorus for superior long-term wear protection. Designed for maximum durability, it ensures critical engine components are protected for the duration of the race. Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil’s superior additive technology provides unmatched durability in extreme conditions. In addition, its high levels of zinc and phosphorus additives make it ideal for street rods, muscle cars and other vehicles with flat-tappet cams.

SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE
Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil’s proprietary friction modifier provides reduced friction for maximum power and cooler engine temperatures, resulting in improved lap times and longer-lasting equipment.

PROTECTION FROM STARTUP TO THE CHECKERED FLAG
Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil’s multi-viscosity design provides maximum protection in temperature extremes. Dominator Racing Oil offers excellent coldstart protection and provides less drag when engine oil has not reached stable operating temperatures. It maintains superior film strength during high-temperature operation on the track.

SUPERIOR-QUALITY OILS, NO DISCRIMINATION
Many oil companies produce specialty racing oils for elite groups and do not offer them to the general public. For instance, several popular oil manufacturers produce racing oils offered only to NASCAR racers. All AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are already formulated to a higher level of performance than competitors’ oils, and AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil is no exception. It provides maximum performance and superior protection to all racers, regardless of their level of competition. The same AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic Racing Oil that is used in the engines of AMSOIL corporately-sponsored racers, including Scott Douglas and Brady Smith, are available to everyone.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil is recommended for high-rpm, high-horsepower, turbo/supercharged, gasoline- or alcohol-burning, nitro-fueled or nitrous oxide gas-injected applications operated under severe conditions.

Applications include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Asphalt Late Model • Dirt Late Model • Modified Big Block • Ford Crate Late Model • Dodge Crate Late Model • Endurance • Rally • Sprint • Truck-Pull • Aluminum Block • Marine • Other high-performance racing and street applications requiring 50-weight oil.

AMSOIL offers WIX Racing Oil Filters for racing applications. WIX racing filters are specially designed for racing applications only.

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES

Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)

Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 17.5

Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 119.6

Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270) 162

CCS Viscosity (°C), cP (ASTM D-5293) 6695 (-20)

Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97) -36 (-33)

Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 234 (453)

Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92) 248 (478)

Four Ball Wear Test
(ASTM D-4172B: 40 kgf, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 1 hr), Scar, mm 0.47

Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800) 8.0

Shear Stability Kurt Orbahn (ASTM D-6278), % viscosity change 90 cycles. 6.3

High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity, 150ºC, 1.4x106s-1, cP (ASTM D-5481) 5.4

I need to know what the ZDDP and Phosphate and Moly and Calcium and Boron levels are.

@ $10.70/qt... i deserve to know before I buy in!......
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Hydrocruiser,
How do you feel about mixing the Silver Cap 15w-50 with the 20w- 50 V twin? I was thinking of doing this to save some $$. I am running twin 540's, right around 600hp.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cmoney
Hydrocruiser,
How do you feel about mixing the Silver Cap 15w-50 with the 20w- 50 V twin? I was thinking of doing this to save some $$. I am running twin 540's, right around 600hp.
You've got what, probably at least 20K in engines, let alone the boat, and you're worried about 10-20 bucks? Whats wrong with this picture????
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Hydrocruiser,
I've blended 15w50 and V twin before - works fine.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I've blended 15w50 and V twin before - works fine.
Pumps the ZDDP level of Silvercap from 1200ppm to 1400 ppm.

I see no problem.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
You've got what, probably at least 20K in engines, let alone the boat, and you're worried about 10-20 bucks? Whats wrong with this picture????

Well whats wrong with the picture is the economy is in the crapper, and premium is $5.00/per gal on the water. When I bought the boat and did the engines times were different. Now I barley have two nickels to rub together.
If you can't answer the question, or have something helpful to say, please keep your thoughtless comments to yourself.

Thanks Hydro and Mental, I am going to give it a shot. I figure I should save about $40 a change, over straight V-twin.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Well whats wrong with the picture is the economy is in the crapper, and premium is $5.00/per gal on the water. When I bought the boat and did the engines times were different. Now I barley have two nickels to rub together.
If you can't answer the question, or have something helpful to say, please keep your thoughtless comments to yourself.

Thanks Hydro and Mental, I am going to give it a shot. I figure I should save about $40 a change, over straight V-twin.
I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but the difference in price to me is nickels over the long run. Me personally, I use AMSOIL Series 2000 Racing Oil in my boat, and still have not actually seen any factual evidence of the Mobil V twin being better. There has been a lot of hearsay about it being better, but nothing in writing. An oil change on my twin 496ho's costs me, with filters, about $230. Each HO takes 10 quarts. The oil runs about $9.00/qt and the filters about $15 ea. I buy two cases, which is 12 qts each, leaves me a little for any additional needed, and I run it for one year.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Registered

You will absolutly no problem, they are both Mobil products with chemistries that are compatible. I have mixed petroleim oils with synthetics with syn/blends and different viscosities. Absolutely no problem. the oils were all from the same manufacturer and the chemistries and additive packages were all the same.

Ken

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.