Marine Lubrication >

Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDARCHER
What about Lucas, STP or Slick 50 type oil additives.
Thanks Bobby
Why don't you google how they settled their lawsuits. Then ask that question. They are all a SCAM! Well, Lucas, not so much, but their products aren't that great. Additives as stated earlier, if were supposed to be in the oil, they would already be from the beginning.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Why don't you google how they settled their lawsuits. Then ask that question. They are all a SCAM! Well, Lucas, not so much, but their products aren't that great. Additives as stated earlier, if were supposed to be in the oil, they would already be from the beginning.
They all claim to work...

In the case of PTFE (not seen around as much anymore) the teflon particles were actually showm to cause cylinder damage.

Solution? Compnaies filed for chapter 13..
Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Registered

Default Oil Filter

Im changing the oil on my 525 to start the season, I am currently running the M1-302 filter. I purchased a few WIX 51060R filters over the winter to try. I run my boat pretty hard so I thought the "racing" filters might be a better option. The more I read this thread, the more Im am confused on the designation of a "race" filter. Some post read as if I would need to chage filters ever time Im out. I usually do oil changes every 15-20 hours, is this to long an interval with a "racing" filter?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by prholley
Im changing the oil on my 525 to start the season, I am currently running the M1-302 filter. I purchased a few WIX 51060R filters over the winter to try. I run my boat pretty hard so I thought the "racing" filters might be a better option. The more I read this thread, the more Im am confused on the designation of a "race" filter. Some post read as if I would need to chage filters ever time Im out. I usually do oil changes every 15-20 hours, is this to long an interval with a "racing" filter?
The M-1 302 on a HP 525 is a good match.

If it were an 1500 HP Sterling then I would say to sacrifice flow for filtration.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by prholley
I have run a Wix R filter for 2 seasons, about 50 hours each, without any trouble using Mobil 1 synthetic oil but I am on a stock 502 Mag, nothing hard core. Held good pressure all season.

Though I would like to hear from an expert if these filters are good for that long.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

More reference material,

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...duct_Guide.pdf

Jeff
Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hydrocruiser,

Thanks for the extraordinary detailed information.

What is your history thats is related to your expertise in oils and oil filters? Are you in the oil industry?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Rage
Hydrocruiser,

Thanks for the extraordinary detailed information.

What is your history thats is related to your expertise in oils and oil filters? Are you in the oil industry?
Degree in chemistry and have been following synthetics sine the 1970's.

Lot's of marine ecperience in small and big blocks.

Not really an expert but know what the good stuff is and what to look for.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Pismo10
I have run a Wix R filter for 2 seasons, about 50 hours each, without any trouble using Mobil 1 synthetic oil but I am on a stock 502 Mag, nothing hard core. Held good pressure all season.

Though I would like to hear from an expert if these filters are good for that long.
A Wix R we found out a whle back is essentially a Merc racing Filter. It too is a real good choice and a great price.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is something i ran across while researching safe oil temps. Has some good stuff to read by another oil freak. No offense Hydro......

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.