Marine Lubrication >

Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2112
Hybrid synthetics/Dino oil may help the longevity of the cone clutches but full synthetics may protect the gears better. I would rather rebuild a cone clutch that have gears implode.

I just had a Shelby rear end customized by a shop that specializes in drag race 9 inch rear ends and his warranty is voided if you don't use Torco GL5 mineral oil.
Or do both and use the Marine Gear Lube which is a full synthetic and will protect your gears and your cone clutch.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
Or do both and use the Marine Gear Lube which is a full synthetic and will protect your gears and your cone clutch.
At a race the Amsoil guy told be Severe Gear in the drive...can't win sometimes..

. would personally use Severe Gear in my Bravo. Either are good...what is Teague using these days?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

I don't know the asnwer to what Teague uses. The Amsoil tech guys says he uses the Marine Gear Lube and the "People who have talked to Teague" says Severe gear. They are both good products.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Redline Shock Proof gear lube

What are the pros and cons of Redline Shock Proof gear lube in a Bravo drive?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

I use Royal Purple gear lube. How does it compare to the others mentioned? About time to place an order again.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rage
What are the pros and cons of Redline Shock Proof gear lube in a Bravo drive?
it's messy and stains, takes about 12 hours to drain and seemed to cost me about 100rpm, on the other hand it's an awesome gear lube.

I now prefer the M1 75/140, readily available and no apparent artificial coloring.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
I use Royal Purple gear lube. How does it compare to the others mentioned? About time to place an order again.
http://www.amsoil.com/products/gearl...hitePaper.aspx

Here's a little fun reading for you.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
it's messy and stains, takes about 12 hours to drain and seemed to cost me about 100rpm, on the other hand it's an awesome gear lube.

I now prefer the M1 75/140, readily available and no apparent artificial coloring.
I do not mind putting up with the messy nature (definately messy) and slow drain rate (I use a vacuum pump system) as long as it provides the best protection and does not cause performance problems elsewhere as in the clutch cone issue implied herein regarding other syn lubes.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Has anyone got any information or test results back on Mercury's new full 20-40 synthetic oil? I seen some on the shelf the other day at a Merc, service center. The only thing that concerned me about it, was the claims I read on the quart of oil. It said something to the effect of being formulated to protect the new catalyst systems ( emission) of there new engines. Isn't that the reason the new automotive engine oils don't protect as well because there lacking anti wear additives ( zinc) etc. because of damaging emission controls?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by johnny b good
Has anyone got any information or test results back on Mercury's new full 20-40 synthetic oil? I seen some on the shelf the other day at a Merc, service center. The only thing that concerned me about it, was the claims I read on the quart of oil. It said something to the effect of being formulated to protect the new catalyst systems ( emission) of there new engines. Isn't that the reason the new automotive engine oils don't protect as well because there lacking anti wear additives ( zinc) etc. because of damaging emission controls?
Got me wondering as well.

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.