Marine Lubrication >

Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Marine Lubrication

From what I know, if you are talking about the Alisyn trans lube it was made by Castrol. Now it's bottled by Mobil and called Delvac Synthetic ATF. Volvo construction, CAT, Detroit are bottled by Mobil as well. Cummins has the Cummins Blue name under Valvoline.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Aerospace Industries INC. makes Alisyn synthetic oil. I do not have a ton of info on them but from what I have seen of the 20W-50 synthetic and synthetic marine gear-lubes.. they can go toe to toe with most premium synthetics.
Yes that is it I knew I was spelling it wrong, they make a special blend for us in Ohio, it is quite pricey but I feel well worth it, when we use it in our out drives we notice them running cooler and we seem to gain 100rpm. We have been totally pleased with it, I am just suprised I don't here more about them from other boaters. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Marine Lubrication

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Yes that is it I knew I was spelling it wrong, they make a special blend for us in Ohio, it is quite pricey but I feel well worth it, when we use it in our out drives we notice them running cooler and we seem to gain 100rpm. We have been totally pleased with it, I am just suprised I don't here more about them from other boaters. Thank you.
Good stuff.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by vandy021
From what I know, if you are talking about the Alisyn trans lube it was made by Castrol. Now it's bottled by Mobil and called Delvac Synthetic ATF. Volvo construction, CAT, Detroit are bottled by Mobil as well. Cummins has the Cummins Blue name under Valvoline.
Is this the stuff sir?

http://www.aerospacelubricants.com/c...wt&details=585

http://www.aerospacelubricants.com/c...wt&details=597
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

rastaboatin,

I have been running their gear lube for 14 years and the drives hold up great. They do run quite a bit cooler. Some people said they had it foam up on them, I haven't seen that.

One of my friends ran a Bravo 1 behind 750hp in a 28 Velocity for 300 hours with zero outdrive problems. Him and I both are running 28 Eliminator cats since 1999 with very few outdrive problems.

I ran the engine oil for a few years and my engine builder did not light the black residue it left on the aluminum, so I switched to Mobile 1.

Back in the early 90s, their gear lube was cheaper than Mercurys and that's why I tried it back then.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbtnt
rastaboatin,

I have been running their gear lube for 14 years and the drives hold up great. They do run quite a bit cooler. Some people said they had it foam up on them, I haven't seen that.

One of my friends ran a Bravo 1 behind 750hp in a 28 Velocity for 300 hours with zero outdrive problems. Him and I both are running 28 Eliminator cats since 1999 with very few outdrive problems.

I ran the engine oil for a few years and my engine builder did not light the black residue it left on the aluminum, so I switched to Mobile 1.

Back in the early 90s, their gear lube was cheaper than Mercurys and that's why I tried it back then.
I would definatly agree, although the stuff we run you cannot buy at any store, we have a good connection there and they make us a special drum just for our shop. The owner of the shop I use to go to in Columbus,Ohio is good friends with the guy from there and he sponsored the F-1 race team that we use to have a few years ago and we tried some new stuff in that boat. Since then we have been using that same mixture in our boats and customers boats and have had great success with it. We use the store bought stuff quite a bit also and have never seen that foaming problem. We did see that with a product we were comparing it with called Red Line, I think it was called. What we were most impressed with was the RPMS you pick up with the product. We have taken samples to trade shows where they have those demonstrations set up of how good there oils are compared to all other oils and we have them test the oil sample we give them and they can not match it They have something really good going and I am sure he will release it very soon. We do have permission to sell it to the public out of the shop and I can get prices to anyone that is interested, but like I said before it is very pricey.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Let me correct myself... I misunderstood. It's Allison Synthetic Transmission Lubricant that Castrol was blending not Alisyn. ExxonMobil has now put their name on the bottle, but Castrol is still blending it for them. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse everyone...
Old 09-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Let me correct myself... I misunderstood. It's Allison Synthetic Transmission Lubricant that Castrol was blending not Alisyn. ExxonMobil has now put their name on the bottle, but Castrol is still blending it for them. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse everyone...
I was asked what the difference in base-stock is between Redcap and the new Goldcap formulation.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Registered

They are the same base-stock..... Their is no difference in either base formulation... What it comes down to is how ExxonMobil chemists decide to make the additive package. Yes they buy thier own addititves from themselves as well. It's an accounting function. ExxonMobil does not go on the outside, too often to get their base-stock or additives. There are a few, but I am not allowed to disclose that. It's proprietary. They own 55% of the market. What it comes down to is the change in formulation.. That's about it...

Long story short..

Same base-stock, same refinement and hydro-cracking....

Different additive formulation.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Got a Question for Hydrocruiser!! I haven't read all of the posts so please forgive me if you have answered this before. I'm using a straight 50w conventional oil with a Fram HP-4 filter on twin 502s running 4000--- to ----5600 RPMs no sign of proplems to this piont only have 100 hours, change oil every 20 hours. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.