Marine Lubrication >

Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Marine Lubrication

Speaking of Amsoil, they asked us to be their Indiana distributor....
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Marine Lubrication

Originally Posted by vandy021
Speaking of Amsoil, they asked us to be their Indiana distributor....
That's interesting Craig..

They e-mailed me too...but I am not about to go into the oil distribution business anytime soon.

They have 26 different synthetic oil products
10-Gear lubes
3-Compressor oils
2 Greases
6 Oil and air filter products
2-Filtration systems
-Antifreeze
-Oil abalysis kits
-Untold additives etc.

If you stock them all....you will need a B-1 Bomber hanger and you dad's office too!!

Imagine 26 different synthetic oils. That's a lot of flavors of anything.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered

ExxonMobil has a more comprehensive sythetic lineup... They didn't e-mail.. Certified letter with an offer. We have no interest. ExxonMobil has

-Gargoyle Artic SHC 200 Series
-Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oils
-Mobil 1 w/ Super Syn
-Mobil 1 EP
-Mobil Syn ATF
-Mobil Delvac Syn ATF
-Mobil 1 Syn Gear Lubes
-Mobil 1 Syn Spray Lube
-Mobil Artic Turbine
-Mobil Delvac 1
-Mobil EAL Series
-Mobil Glygoyle's
-Mobil Jet Oil 254
-Mobil Jet Oil II
-Mobil Pegasus 1 (Natural Gas)
-Mobil Rarus 800
-Mobil Rarus SHC 1020 series
-Mobil SHC 500 Series
-Mobil SHC 600 Series
-Mobil SHC 800 Series
-Mobil SHC PM Series
-Mobil Syn Oven Lube 1090
-Mobil Synturion 6
-Mobilgard 1 SHC
-Mobilgear SHC 150-680
-Mobilgear SHC 100, 1500, 3200, &6800
-Mobilgear SHC 22M, 46M (Open Gear)
-Mobilgear SHC XMP 320
-Mobilgrease EAL Series
-Mobilith SHC 220, 221, 460, 007 and 1500
-Mobilith SHC 100
-Mobilith SHC PM
-Mobiltemp SHC 32
-Mobiltrans SHC 50 and SHC Artic
-Mobilube SHC

I think with Mobil being around a lot longer they have a little bit bigger of a line up. I also don't care for how Amsoil slammed XOM technology..

If you ask me, that's a very comprehensive, comercail, passenger, paper industry, marine and industrial line up. Not to mention several H1 & 2 oils along wiht refrigerent and EAL (enviormentaly firendly oils).

Last edited by vandy021; 10-03-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Craig?

Why isn't Amsoil in the Jet Avaition Lube business as well as some of the other commercial areas? I heard that Conoco-Phillips is making a Jet lube product?? Not sure.. who are the A/V players?

Correct me if I am wrong but Amsoil basically has a bunch of auto/truck/maine oil/lube "variations or different blends"?

..is your dad cleaning out his office yet?

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 10-03-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Registered

We have the Conoco line, but I am not sure. Most all of the Majors ie XOM, ChevronTex, BP, RD/Shell, Castrol have av oils. Shell seems to have the biggest market on 4-stroke. Mobil Jet Oil is really big in the turbine/jet market. Yes you are right about Amsoil, but they are trying to get into the industrial by private labeling product.

When some big company like GM or CAT are using oils, they aren't going to go to the in-house guy. They are going to go to the majors like XOM, Castrol, Chevron, etc...

And the final question, no he's mad at the computers right now.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by vandy021
We have the Conoco line, but I am not sure. Most all of the Majors ie XOM, ChevronTex, BP, RD/Shell, Castrol have av oils. Shell seems to have the biggest market on 4-stroke. Mobil Jet Oil is really big in the turbine/jet market. Yes you are right about Amsoil, but they are trying to get into the industrial by private labeling product.

When some big company like GM or CAT are using oils, they aren't going to go to the in-house guy. They are going to go to the majors like XOM, Castrol, Chevron, etc...

And the final question, no he's mad at the computers right now.
So Craig, what is Amsoil saying about Exxon Mobil (XOM) these days anyways?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

Wouldn't you like to know... Nothing that I would post on here or can publicly say. I like not getting in trouble . And yes, they are trying to get into the big game of industrial synthetics. The funny things is though that all of the tests they run don't show how the oil works in real life situations..... Basically it's a pipedream and all test results negate their claims. They want to take it from the guys selling it out of their grages, to big time distribution. They need to get their facts more correct and use some real test that work in the industrial world...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hydro; I really think that you need to set up your own "Oil Expert" website and categorize all this info and the related comments. After 16 or so pages of which your comments filled 12 to 14, (and I AM interested in what you have to say) I think that we need to move on. It's gotten so that I can't find the section of concern to me and I'm getting lost in the "BAFBS*". (*that would be "backandfouthbullsh!t") --- Jer

Last edited by jpclear; 10-03-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jpclear
Hydro; I really think that you need to set up your own "Oil Expert" website and categorize all this info and the related comments. After 16 or so pages of which your comments filled 12 to 14, (and I AM interested in what you have to say) I think that we need to move on. It's gotten so that I can't find the section of concern to me and I'm getting lost in the "BAFBS*". (*that would be "backandfouthbullsh!t") --- Jer
There are many times I personally have to hunt back through it all too in order to answer an e-mail or phone call...

I had hoped we could manage this here as it mostly pertains to offshore boats and I am not one to have the time to moderate a new oil site right now. But there is a lot of info here...I found that in printing it out...it is a bit easier to manage.

At least the info is here especially for the new guys coming on-board. I just tell everybody who asks if they have a question to e-mail me and I will chase down an answer.

Right now I have a call list consisting of:

-Bob is the oil guy
-6 engine builders
-17 marine mechanics
-5 oil companies
-7 offshore racers
-3 offshore boat production companies
-14 die-hard offshore boaters
-3 bartenders

If I do not have the answer I find somebody who does. I adhere to confidentiality and do not mention sources by name ......ever..... as you may have noticed.

So the thread moves onward...

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 10-03-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now there's my problem; I've been listening to the bartenders! And after letting them serve me for much too long! --- Jer

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.