Marine Lubrication >

Marine Lubrication

Notices

Marine Lubrication

Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Marine Lubrication

A lot of R & D. A lot of testing other peoples products and the beefy additive packages that leave a coating help for start up. That's why they have gone to the stronger ZDDP and higher additive packages to coat the engines. As I have stated. We have run engines out of oil and the Mobil 1 still held up.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Marine Lubrication

Originally Posted by vandy021
A lot of R & D. A lot of testing other peoples products and the beefy additive packages that leave a coating help for start up. That's why they have gone to the stronger ZDDP and higher additive packages to coat the engines. As I have stated. We have run engines out of oil and the Mobil 1 still held up.
Nothing sticks to metal and holds on like V-twin...it is covalent bonding chemistry so it fills microscopic pores and holds tight.

This oil is amazing.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was asked if I know anything about Pure Power Oil...here ya go..

http://www.gopurepower.com/store/item.asp?ItemID=10332

The 20W-70 oil is used in a lot of top fuelie dragsters...I don't know any more...looks like they have nice filtration stuff.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 10-24-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=Hydrocruiser]I was asked if I know anything about Pure Power Oil...here ya go..

Did you find any info on Brad Penn? (Penn Grade 1) ???
Old 10-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Biggus]
Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
I was asked if I know anything about Pure Power Oil...here ya go..

Did you find any info on Brad Penn? (Penn Grade 1) ???

http://www.amref.com/racing/racing-oils.asp

Another brand used in dragsters..
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.amref.com/racing/racing-oils.asp

Another brand used in dragsters....alcohol racers worry a lot about "thin down" some is this stuff is custom to their needs.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered

Hydrocruiser, what is the shelf life of the Mobil 1 V-Twin?
Or any canned oil?

Thanks,

Don
Old 10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
You engine guys finally are on the right page....it takes a good synthetic base with lots of ZDDP to significantly decrease wear...that's why the builders tell you to use it..it prevents problems and finally they relaize it and probelms mean unreliability and it costs them $$.

Mobil-1 V-Twin 20W-50 has the highest base/flashpoint and no added polymers to "beef it up" for heat resistance...probably the best detergency package of the premium synthetics...but it also has the best anti-corrosion additive package I know of and engines can be stored for months and the film does not come off...that means no dry starts folks...no other oil offers this to anywhere close to the extent this product does...it is an amazing formulation....it is my favorite offshore engine oil because of all this. I have a reputation to maintain.

The other is a great product but it has to be #2 on the list with some of the others. The Valvoline product is not that different from Amsoil or RP racing in ZDDP content. M-1 V-twin has the most amount of ZDDP of any oil out there. I also understand the Valvoline product has viscosity enhancers..polymers..they can shear down under heat.
Hydrocruiser,

Mobil-1 V-Twin 20W-50 sounds like the perfect oil for racing and storage. Are there any 'cons' other than price relative to using this oil as a direct replacement for the standard Mercruiser 25W40 oil in general use: Max oil change interval 100 hours or every season comprising week ends of wake boarding, cruising, occasional hot laps for a 496HO?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Don Tamm
Hydrocruiser, what is the shelf life of the Mobil 1 V-Twin?
Or any canned oil?

Thanks,

Don

This is direct from my ExxonMobil engineers mouth so I take it as Bible, since they pay him the big bucks.

If "ANY" Mobil 1 grade has been unopened and is kept in climate controlled conditions, it has a shelf life of 5 years. If the cap has been broken or it has been moved from hot to cold several times, it has a shelf life of 1 year. If you have any questions, you can call ExxonMobil tech support at 800-662-4525. If you are in the Indiana area and would like some give us a call.

Also to all. All ExxonMobil distributors and customers are on a 65% allocation right now for all PVL prodcuts. This means all Mobil 1 is on allocation. Also Industrial and CVL synthetics are hard to come by right now... There is no 5w20 Mobil 1 in the system right now so be prepaired to see some empy shelves.

Hope this helps
Old 10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rage
Hydrocruiser,

Mobil-1 V-Twin 20W-50 sounds like the perfect oil for racing and storage. Are there any 'cons' other than price relative to using this oil as a direct replacement for the standard Mercruiser 25W40 oil in general use: Max oil change interval 100 hours or every season comprising week ends of wake boarding, cruising, occasional hot laps for a 496HO?
The only bad thing about Mobil-1 V-twin is the wierd feeling you get using a "motorcycle oil labled product" but once you know what is in the bottle that goes away fast. I would use it in the sense you described easilly for 50 hours and then I would check and have an analysis and TBN done to be sure before going the additional 50 hours.

Quick Reply: Marine Lubrication

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.