Alpha One Problem

Notices

Alpha One Problem

Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alpha One Problem

Originally Posted by powerqrudy
mine was stolen ..I just went and got one from a place in Clearwater FL...it is a knock off from china..but it was 1376.46 to my door..went right on ..now it has some more noise ..but hell it works fine for me...
I've been looking at the knock-offs but the boat may occasionally be used on the pacific so I don't want to risk it. I've asked PowerQuest if an Alpha SS would be suitable for the boat, a 185XLT, but haven't heard back yet.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part of So Cal are you in ?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerqrudy
mine was stolen ..I just went and got one from a place in Clearwater FL...it is a knock off from china..but it was 1376.46 to my door..went right on ..now it has some more noise ..but hell it works fine for me...
I'm not making any judgments about you but buying knockofs from Asian and South American countries is why this Country is in such a chitter.I have nothing againts buying foreign products when it's appropriate like stereo equipment(Asia) or Cigars (south America) but when it comes to replaceing parts on American products I replace them with American parts when possible.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
What part of So Cal are you in ?
Thousand Oaks, about 50 miles NW of L.A.(far enough!)
I miss all of the easy access to water that I had in Michigan. It stops raining here in May, and doesn't start again until November (not a drop!) so it's alway clear, until someone lights a match.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered

Kick ass way to fill the drie is to get a garden sprayer from Home Depot and pour the lube in it. Use a fill screw and tube mate it to the sprayer tube, pump it up, and let it flow from the bottom up. Works great but watch it because it'll puke out the top hole until there is no pressure left in the sprayer (I use a pinch clip on the tubing to stop it.)
Ken
Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nsphillips
Thousand Oaks, about 50 miles NW of L.A.(far enough!)
I miss all of the easy access to water that I had in Michigan. It stops raining here in May, and doesn't start again until November (not a drop!) so it's alway clear, until someone lights a match.
I know where Tousand Oaks is real well, I grew up there used to live off Moorpark acros from the highschool. There is a shop called Maveric Marine down in VanNuys that can get you taken care of. There # is 818 989 4445, I used to work there before I moved out to Florida.