Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Ok I'm Lazy and... >

Ok I'm Lazy and...

Notices

Ok I'm Lazy and...

Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok I'm Lazy and...

...don't want to spend the hour or more it takes me to change the oil! Especially now that I keep the boat in dry storage and only get two moves a day. Either from inside storage rack to water and back (Boating ), or from inside storage rack to maintenance rack and back (No Boating ).

What I want to do is still use the oil pan drain hose, But extend it up inside the engine compartment so I can conect it to small electric pump. When I ready to change oil just connect hose to pump and let it pump into my oil changing bucket, in the engine compartment, insert. In the few minutes it take to drain the oil I can change oil filter and have a beer. Once oil drains install new filter, fill with oil and go boating. I don't want to pump it out through the dipstick cause I hear that can leave as much as a quart of oil and some sludge in the pan.

Can I just extend existing hose by adding to the end of it or should I replace it with longer one? If extending existing hose what size fitting will i need? etc...

Anyone have a setup like this, ideals or something similar?

Maybe I can make existing hose long enough to connect tothe suction side of pump in this kits (see link)

http://www.jabsco.com/prodInfoApp/se...N&typeId=JMGOC

http://www.reversopumps.com/impeller_portable.html
Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok I'm Lazy and...

Yes, I have done that and it works great. I had the local auto parts store make a custom set-up for me that has a standard garden hose male on the out end and accepts the standard brass garden hose cap. Then I can hook to anyone's suction pump with that common fitting and the old oil goes away FAST. Probably cost me all of about $8.00. --- Jer