Trim Tabs Angle

Notices

Trim Tabs Angle

Old 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trim Tabs Angle

[QUOTE=fund razor]
I just thought that you must have drilled those three holes in the one trim tab for some kind of polish engineering purpose.

Hey, why did you have to go and bring me into this ? Polish is spelled with a capital " P" mister.
By the way, any fool would know those holes are for hooking up a second ski rope.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=rich allen]
Originally Posted by fund razor
I just thought that you must have drilled those three holes in the one trim tab for some kind of polish engineering purpose.

Hey, why did you have to go and bring me into this ? Polish is spelled with a capital " P" mister.
By the way, any fool would know those holes are for hooking up a second ski rope.
I believe the original poster wouldn't understand your answer...but I enjoyed it ! lol
Old 09-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
so your boat is faster with the tabs down versus up, or you gained 3 MPH tabs down (new style) versus tabs down (old style)....
you guessed it correct, with the tabs mounted on an angle and put down in the rough as needed the boat lost 3 mph. with the same rough condition and the tabs straight and down it gained back the 3 mph. I could also feel and hear a difference when putting the tabs down the old way, much more drag on the boat and the engines....just makes sense that there would be less drag having them straight....
Old 09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=rich allen]
Originally Posted by fund razor

Oops. My fault. I should have been more specific. I meant POLLOCK.

Here: I thought that Jimski must have drilled da three holes in da one tab for some kind of POLLOCK engineering purpose.
Since our friend Jimski is a relentless re-engineer of trim tabs, maybe da holes were to attach some kind of panel over da tab to increase da size. After all, it is clear that he doesn't mind drilling holes in anything. He hadn't gotten da idea to change da location yet. He was probably trying to make dem bigger.

Of course, this is the same guy who installed a velcro strip on the steering column so that he could leave the helm and go down below to have a smoke with Tammy during those long boring Lake Michigan rides. (true... not a joke.)

Velcro steering wheel= Polish Autopilot.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

FUND RAZOR.....I can't count the number of times you said you didn't make much money, and don't have any money...
To bad your not the POLLOCK you refer me to be....50k boat paid for, 30k 2500 diesel ram paid for, 250k house(owe 11,000.00)
15k 2002 durango paid, 8k 97 ram1500 paid, 1999 durango 5k paid.....ya Fund....sure is tough being a POLLOCK ! lol
Please continue to post your ignorant replys, Tam and I look forward to them....
Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

If Tam read your posts you wouldn't be hitting on the female members like you do.

I have no problem admitting that I am among the lowest paid members of OSO. In fact, I'm not ashamed in the least. I also have one of the most honest and decent careers that you can get. I have turned down high paying jobs that would require me to hide things from people while I sell them something. Kind of like you.
But I prefer to make less and contribute more. It feels good to know the children that I provide for and to see my efforts result in a better quality of life for kids who are facing things that we adults shudder from.

So... since I made you so defensive and insecure that you had to post a public laundry list of what you have and what you think it is worth...
I'll let this thread go back to you drilling a bunch of holes in your boat and teaching Baja how to rig.

I'll post a fresh thread featuring the special engineering touches that you did to my boat later.

Say Hi to Tam.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

lol, lol, you crack me up ! please continue with your posts, its one of the reasons I renewed !
Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

You really cracked me up with the term

"Ignorant replys."

(If you don't get it it's ok. We are all God's children.)
Old 11-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Registered

On the track of trim tabs--mine are mounted in line with the V bottom/not parallel to hte water. I've learned that with the tabs down the boat runs flatter so I can drive sitting down with the forward hatches open and most importantly at WOT I throw some sweet rooster tails.

A serious technical question--If I upgrade from the 280 to the 380 tabs will the rooster tails be better (larger) and will the boat run flatter with less tab angle?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32 caliber
lol, lol, you crack me up ! please continue with your posts, its one of the reasons I renewed !
hey Jim, sea ya next spring I guess...gonna be a long winter.

Quick Reply: Trim Tabs Angle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.