Twin Blower Tests >

Twin Blower Tests

Notices

Twin Blower Tests

Old 09-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Twin Blower Tests

We are working hard to get the first ever twin blower engines to the dyno in time to publish results in November in Key West. Two tests are scheduled; one with wedge heads, the second with Big Chief heads. The Big Chief heads flow a lot more air so they require bigger blowers and higher pulley ratios. Both systems are fuel-injected and based on cast tunnel ram intakes. Both systems use twin 1000 CFM throttle bodies and a single 900 in3 intercooler. Our trademark discharge plenum sits on top. We'll keep you posted.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Twin Blower Tests-front-new-gearcase.jpg   Twin Blower Tests-oil-supply-block.jpg   Twin Blower Tests-gear-box-rear.jpg  

Old 09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Twin Blower Tests

Can't wait to see the results!! Should be good.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 867 Likes on 403 Posts

This oughta be sweet!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

My money is on the Big Chief, what cubic inch, what cams are you running?

Last edited by GPM; 09-20-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice!

I'd like to see a Mondo blow-off valve on that 'front Y plenum'. The amount of air those 2 will push and cog belts with no slippage, I could only imagine what 'in the air off the throttle' would be like.

Great job, keep it coming!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only problem is finding an outdrive that would last on that beast of a powerplant

More r&d for Konrad outdrives
Old 09-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Wedge head engine is 598 CID. Big Chief engine will be either 557 or 653 CID. The smaller engine makes more sense for the RPM. We are NOT the engine builders, but I think we are working with the best in the business. Compression ratio, cam choice and EFI tuning will be done by the engine builders, and they probably won't want to talk about it. Biggest bypass valve made is tucked in behind the bypass box. Only Merc #6 drives or bettter need apply.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Blower Tests-bypass-valve.jpg  
Old 09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of power do you think you'll make?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:59 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

TC, I know you're not the builder but, it would be nice to see the testing done on the same size motors useing the different heads. The results may be more conclusive. I'm guessing the Chiefs with a little more than the standard RV cam should make over 2.5 hp per cubic inch. Good luck!

Last edited by GPM; 09-20-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcat
We are working hard to get the first ever twin blower engines to the dyno in time to publish results in November in Key West. Two tests are scheduled; one with wedge heads, the second with Big Chief heads. The Big Chief heads flow a lot more air so they require bigger blowers and higher pulley ratios. Both systems are fuel-injected and based on cast tunnel ram intakes. Both systems use twin 1000 CFM throttle bodies and a single 900 in3 intercooler. Our trademark discharge plenum sits on top. We'll keep you posted.

Tom
Tom
STOP what you doing immediately!
Blower GYRO Dustin Whipple says you can't use two round blowers. You had better listen up. He is the only blower god that can make two blowers work. Good Luck!
By the way he has the best intercoolers in the business so I'de just give up.....

Quick Reply: Twin Blower Tests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.