Notices

Skater Cat

Old 09-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skater Cat

I am currently in the market for a pre owned 36' Skater cat and need to know of anything out of the ordinary I should look for.
So far we tested a 2001 with 165 hrs SC900s, #6 drives up to 5000rpms @125 mph on the bay and she way smooth as silk and super responsive.
We also have our eye on a 99 with 80hrs with the same power package as the 01 boat.
Are the hulls the same on a 99 and 2001? Any first hand input would be appreciated as I am throughly impressed by this boats ride and performance!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skater Cat

What's going on Glenn......I'll probably see you this weekend. Rick.....
Old 09-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 37Talon
What's going on Glenn......I'll probably see you this weekend. Rick.....

Ha Rick Whatsssssss up,
We should be down to our place Fri night, are we still on for dinner Sat? hope to see you guy's some time this week end!
last Sun we broke a small shifting shaft nothing to do with big power this time on our Port upper drive just cruising at 75mph 4500 rms on the Gun 5 minutes from the Bikini contest at Red Eyes, thank God we brought an extra cooler for our 4 1/2hr 11 mph limp home.
We are going to take a few lbs of boost out of the Gun to try and keep these Max Machine Worx drives alive, and add a Cat with dry sump 6s for the longer runs! Kelley won't let me sell the Gun she enjoys her to much and so do I! See ya! Glen
Old 09-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dank368, a member here has one for sale. 160+mph with or without power, I think. One of the best looking Skaters I've seen. Also "Junkman" is for sale it is in TX and will bust 170 I think.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thats a great ride with very good power the one with over 150 hours you may need to refresh the valvetrain but thats no major hassel at a good shop Good luck Laz Mesa www.mesabalancing.com
Old 09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
dank368, a member here has one for sale. 160+mph with or without power, I think. One of the best looking Skaters I've seen. Also "Junkman" is for sale it is in TX and will bust 170 I think.
junkman is a 32 and won't hit 170....

dan's is a super nice 36 but i don't think he will bust 160 either....
Old 09-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tomorrow we check out a 99 with Merc 900SCs , she looks good in pictures, you just never know until you run her!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

How did the 99 check out and how was it rigged out?

To remind you, the 2001 has a number of things that you will not find in other Skaters… retractable foot rests for the passengers, flow-scans so you know exactly how much fuel you burn and dual fuel fills allowing you to fill both tanks from either side of the boat. Also, appreciate that the 900’s are far from stock. They were recently rebuilt with top grade components throughout. We added oil-sprayers in the valve covers, eliminated the Mercury oil restrictions in the block and added external oil pumps to improve oil flow and cooling to all components. This puts it one step short of full dry sump; just add an external oil tank and you’re there. We made improvements to the block-head interface which eliminates an apparent weakness in stock 900’s… head gasket failure.

This season, when you rode in the boat, we were running with undersized blower pulleys to lower the boost a bit. So, you want more speed, change the blower drive ratio back and prop it out a bit. You will probably be running the low 140’s.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The 99 Skater was to much of a salt water boat for my standards even with 80 hrs on her, not even close to the pristine boat you own.
As I had narrowed it down last week,we should have our new to us low hr clean 03- 38' Talon with 850s and #6s in North East MD in a week or so.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

Sounds like you bought Snagglepuss.

Quick Reply: Skater Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.