Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I >

Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I

Notices

Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I

Old 10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I

My boat has a 454 magnum with a bravo I "performance series" drive. I tried twice to flush the motor using the Mercury racing nose cose flush device. The motor apparently didn't get enough water because I burned up the impeller both times. And changing that impeller is a PITA!

I've read that this has happened to other members of the OSO Board. Interestingly last year I had my mechanic winterize my boat but sticking a hose into the impeller hose and there was no problem drawing in the water.

Anyway, I've seen a couple of products that allow you to hook up a flusher in the engine comparment right before the raw water pump. One is make by a company called "Perko" and the other by a company called Marine Technologies Group. The first device appears is called the "flush pro." See: http://www.perko.com/flushpro/ The second device is called the quick flush. See: http://www.marinetechgroup.com/
This website is a bit flakey so I couldn't post the direct link to the I/O product. It is unclear to me if I would want the 3/4 or 1 1/4 product.

Looking at these devices it seems to me that I could create one of these gadgets from the parts bin at Home Depot or a plumping supply store.

Has anyone does this? Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,001 Likes on 509 Posts
Default Re: Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I

Hell yea you could make one of your own! And you could find all the parts at Home Depot like you said.....just make sure it's brass or stainless and you'll be fine. And the pic they have at the bottom of the page on the second site shows exactly how and what you would need to buy!!!
Attached Thumbnails Flush device for 454 magnum/bravo I-flushvalve.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!